Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

I am completely taken by surprise with this. Thought pretty sure it would do $16-17 mill. ::shake head::Too many horror movies and no originality. Time to consult the Japanese or the Koreans?

As much as I didn't like TCM3D, you can't say that it wasn't original. The story really goes in a completely original direction.

I am completely taken by surprise with this. Thought pretty sure it would do $16-17 mill. ::shake head::Too many horror movies and no originality. Time to consult the Japanese or the Koreans?

OK, so an underdog shitty looking horror that isn`t screened for critics tops the boxoffice over movies expected to duke it out for the top spot. This is what we call a great weekend as opposed to boring one if TCM indeed opened #3 or #4. Hey, I`m a DU cheerleader and TCM robbed DU of the top spot but since it made for interesting BO, I`m OK with that. DU crossed the milestone, is doing sensational for ultra-violent R rated controversial movie that isn`t everyone`s cup of tea. So I`ve no problem with slasher fans happiness over TCM success.
  • Like 1

Hobbit will probably top off around 310-315. I'm very curious to see how close it lands to Skyfall. If the rest of Django's run plays like IB's run after its second weekend, it'll hit 160m. And Django is already holding a lot better than IB. Just sayin'.

All of the movies have come online...Even Zero Dark Thirty, Skyfall, the Impossibile and The Hobbit have come online in excellent prints.lol the academy needs to stop making screener prints.Every Jan its like Christmas for people watching movies online.