CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

really worried about this movie. I love Ben-Hur. but I am fine with a remake. but $70m? I don't think so.. what worries me more is that it keeps getting bumped back and we haven't even got a trailer yet! 

Paramount will put the last minute mark for this. They have late May or early June to release the trailer to attract audiences. If not then they should move it to 2017. Although, that's the death year in the spring and summer. Everything is slaughtering each other.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2015 at 8:38 PM, dudalb said:

Actually one of the film's biggest problems is that it has a budget of 70 million..and that is just not enough for a film with as sweeping a story as  "Ben Hur". I am one of those who think studios are grossly overspening on a lot of movies, but I also think there are some films where you either Go Big or Don;;t Even Bother....."Ben Hur " is one of them.

I think a Ben Hur remake is a bad idea to begin with for a variety of reasons (one being that audinces have changed since 1959,and it is hard to make a film on a religious topic which will please both the secular and the "faith" audiences,which was not the case in 1959)

but if you are going to do it realize you are looking at a big budget film and don't try to do it on the cheap...which,in terms of a story with several huge set pieces is what you are doing with a 70 Million dollar budget.

That's actually not really true. I mean it's more secular now for sure, but Ben-Hur is so epic. I think if it is made right only the most devote (although not even all of them) atheist would choose not to see it for that reason. and really over 50% of america still identifies as Christian. also I seem to remember a little movie called the Passion of the Christ making like almost $400m! not to mention the Chronicles of Narnia has very obviously christian themes and that didn't stop it from making nearly $300m.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Paramount will put the last minute mark for this. They have late May or early June to release the trailer to attract audiences. If not then they should move it to 2017. Although, that's the death year in the spring and summer. Everything is slaughtering each other.

June 2017 is terrifying look at this

June 2nd: Bad Boys 3

June 9th:  The Divergent Series: Ascendant, The Mummy, World War Z 2

June 16th: Cars 3, Kingsmans 2

June 23rd: Transformers 5, Wonder Woman

June 30th Despicable Me 3, Uncharted

that's 10 potential blockbusters releasing in the same month! (although I have my doubts about Ascendant actually getting made, and as much as I hate to say it, Uncharted as well) and Transformers 5 needs to move the fuck away from Wonder Woman though!

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kalo said:

that's 10 potential blockbusters releasing in the same month! (although I have my doubts about Ascendant actually getting made, and as much as I hate to say it, Uncharted as well) and Transformers 5 needs to move the fuck away from Wonder Woman though!

Yeah that's what I meant everything is crammed in next to each other. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2016 at 2:55 AM, Kalo said:

Ascendant, Uncharted and WWZ2 are not happening.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Holy shit, it looks beyond bad. Who is gonna pay to see this? Not even OS auds will give a shit.

Paramount and MGM already did a unsuccessful swords and sandals film with Hercules, now they're trying again but with no big name apart from a paycheque small role from Morgan Freeman, it'll likely bomb.