CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

• Community Manager
6 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

At the beginning of the summer I thought.... along with everybody else that this is pointless and it's going to tank badly. But for some reason the closer we get to it the more reviews I read about it and the more commercials I see for it I just have this nagging feeling that's going to do way better then I think anyways think it will. Yes it should Miss double digits this weekend. But part of me is thinking it's going to do something crazy like open to 20 million.

What if out of nowhere, this opens to $100 million? What kind of meltdown will that create on the forums?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

What if out of nowhere, this opens to $100 million? What kind of meltdown will that create on the forums?

If this opens to $100M, then we might as well buckle up for Shay going insane in the weekend thread causing the forum to meltdown and self destruct

• Like 7

Coworker asked me about movies coming out this weekend, and I told him about War Dogs from the people behind Hangover, Kubo which looks great, and this movie. Only one he seemed interested in was this movie. From this anecdotal evidence, I'm assuming Ben-Hur will win the weekend.

• Like 1

I'm expecting that, but only with something around 20$ million. That would just beat Jan 22-28 as the lowest opening weekend this year as a whole.

It also just sparked that I saw more advertising from Paramount for Cloverfield Lane than this and we only knew about that for less than two months.

7 minutes ago, kowhite said:

So what I really want to know...

Which is most historically accurate....

This movie, or Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter?

The most historical accurate part in the 1959 version was the homosexual tension between Masalaa and Ben Hur :lol: