iceroll

Weekend Numbers Jan 25-27 2013 HG 19 Parker 7

Am I the only one who thinks movie 43 looks hilarious?

There was nothing really hilarious in it, but there were some humorous bits mixed in with the dreck.

I couldn't help myself, there were just too many actors I like in it not to see it.

The Winslet/Jackman bit was juvenile, but still somewhat humorous, a couple of girls near me loved it and laughed throughout.

The Anna Faris bit was probably the worst, potty humor at it's lowest, although I'd put the Halle Berry stuff pretty low too.

Most of the rest ranged from meh to bad, but there were a few chuckles from most of the rest of the skits.

I still don't know what the hell to make of the Elizabeth Banks "Beezle" skit.

I ddin't realise Movie 43 only had a 6mil budget, its not really that much of a disaster is it although i suppose it depends how much they spent on marketing.

I don't think there was an effort to market this movie at all

Jeremy Renner is not " a house hold name" or "superstar" by any means...

He is solid B List

A List

Brad Pitt

Johnny Depp

Angelina Jolie

Bruce Willis

Julia Roberts

Jim Carey

Robin Williams

Natalie Portman

Robert Downy Jr.

Denzell Washington

Halle Berry

Russel Crowe

Meryl Streep

Matt Damon

B List

Jeremy Renner

Jennifer Garner

Chris Pine

Jessica Chastain

Chris Evans

Olivia Wilde

Rose Byrne

John Krasinski

Kristen Bell

Chris Hemsworth

Josh Duhamel

Jeremy Renner def belongs on list two... He may graduate to list A someday maybe even within 2 years or so, but he is not there yet.

Also, being a household name has nothing to do with boxoffice performance.  If that were true, either Angelina Jolie would be less well known or would be in more $200m+ movies to justify her place in our national consciousness.  

It may have been too late to get nominated, but I wouldn't put it past those Razzie judges to make an exception and award M43 Worst Movie and Worst Ensemble this year.

Fear not, it`s eligible for Razzie 2014. If they remember it by December.

Edited by fishnets

I'm not so sure Robin Williams, Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, and Jim Carrey are A-listers today.  Hmm...what do you guys think?

Its funny when you look at just how big Robin Williams and Jim Carrey were in the 90's and then you look at them now and its strange how things have changed (in Williams case anyway).

I'm not so sure Robin Williams, Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, and Jim Carrey are A-listers today.  Hmm...what do you guys think?

I wouldn't consider 3 out of those 4 as current A-listers, the exception might be Portman. She took time off after winning her Oscar (although she had movies released after) so her current status will probably be more clear after her next couple of movies.

Real A List is very short and few people know who exactly is on it. In some cases it`s easy to deduce (Clooney, Leo, Depp, Streep) and sometimes people think so and so belongs there but aren`t 100% sure.

Edited by fishnets

Real A List is very short and few people know who exactly is on it. In some cases it`s easy to deduce (Clooney, Leo, Depp, Streep) and sometimes people think so and so belongs there but aren`t 100% sure.

Would you still class Cruise as an A lister?, i think i would.

I always thought Travolta and especialy Tom Hanks were here to stay, not so long ago they were 2 of the biggest movie stars in the world (especialy Hanks) but both of them seem to of gone of the boil so to speak.