Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Identity Thief: $36.6M, Warm Bodies $11.5M, Side Effects: $10M)

First two didn`t have markets that TH has now nor they had 3D. Nice try to spin this underperformer.

Perhaps, but even with the 3D boost improving receipts and the general decline in admissions, it improved upon FOTR overseas grosses by 76.5% in Australia, 69.1% in Brazil, 17.8% in France, 11.2% in Germany, 24.5% in the Netherlands, 39.5% in South Korea, 39.1% in Sweden, to give a few examples.

Aside from a quite weak reported Japanese number and doing a bit less in the UK than FOTR, The Hobbit has done very great business even when you take your points into account. The only really BIG market that exists now but not atall in 2001 that Hobbit has outclassed FOTR insanely in was Russia.

Edited by 4815162342

it improved upon FOTR overseas grosses by 76.5% in Australia.

Keep in mind the following:-FOTR opened just after 9-11, a time when the AU-US exchange was EXTREMELY WEAK-The exchange rate now works in THs favour as the AUD is worth more USD-The Hobbit HAS NOT out grossed FOTR in AUD.

Keep in mind the following:-FOTR opened just after 9-11, a time when the AU-US exchange was EXTREMELY WEAK-The exchange rate now works in THs favour as the AUD is worth more USD-The Hobbit HAS NOT out grossed FOTR in AUD.

Thank you. Also, word "outclassed" should never , ever be applied to TH in anything especially in relation to FOTR gross. FOTR is a class act movie. TH is a classless snot/shit/burp schlock.

You will have to clarify that last section, since it doesn't jive with the math unless you mean the 2001 AUD gross (which I presume you have a link to for support).

EDIT: It's humorous how fishnets has to maintain her Hobbit hate even after admitting she enjoyed it and outright liked good-sized chunks of it.

Edited by 4815162342

You will have to clarify that last section, since it doesn't jive with the math unless you mean the 2001 AUD gross (which I presume you have a link to for support). EDIT: It's humorous how fishnets has to maintain her Hobbit hate even after admitting she enjoyed it and outright liked good-sized chunks of it.

I can't link my brain but give me a minute.

You will have to clarify that last section, since it doesn't jive with the math unless you mean the 2001 AUD gross (which I presume you have a link to for support).

EDIT: It's humorous how fishnets has to maintain her Hobbit hate even after admitting she enjoyed it and outright liked good-sized chunks of it.

Please don`t spin. I wasn`t bored which doesn`t equal enjoyment and Riddles + Stone Giants hardly amount to "good chunks".

Edited by fishnets

You will have to clarify that last section, since it doesn't jive with the math unless you mean the 2001 AUD gross (which I presume you have a link to for support). EDIT: It's humorous how fishnets has to maintain her Hobbit hate even after admitting she enjoyed it and outright liked good-sized chunks of it.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/141-australian-box-office-912013-th-58m-51-lop-49m-ow-lm-31m-wir-3m-jr-29m-ow/page-1http://www.mpdaa.org.au/customers/mpdaa/mpdaa.nsf/HistoricalBoxOffice?ReadForm(You may need to click "All Time BO", but not "All Time AUS BO"

Thanks Robertron for the information.

Fishnets, everyone spins, and I'll spin the shit out of a film I think is unduely criticized or hated upon. The fact is that The Hobbit is going to crack a billion worldwide which is pretty damn spectacular no matter how you try to explain it away.

• Like 3

Thanks Robertron for the information.

Fishnets, everyone spins, and I'll spin the shit out of a film I think is unduely criticized or hated upon. The fact is that The Hobbit is going to crack a billion worldwide which is pretty damn spectacular no matter how you try to explain it away.

Considering that thanks to 3D more and more movies crack $1 billion, it`s a good number for a 3D tentpole. Spectacular is TDKR and Skyfall cracking it w/o 3D and even more spectacular is that, as of now, Batman is the only franchise whose 2 movies cracked it w/o 3D. POTC has one non-3D and one 3D and so does LOTR/TH.

• Like 1

The Twitter reactions also insanely positive. One guy said the man in front of him spit his drink on the girl next to him from laughing so hard. People are calling it "a good ass movie" "funniest movie since Bridesmaids", "hilarious", "IT is pretty freakin funny", "I wanna see IT again", "I don't know guys IT is up there with one of my favorite movies I gotta say",  and tweets like "screw movie theater workers,  I wanna see IT :(" meaning that people under 17 are really wanting to check this out. I was TRYING to find a negative tweet, I've been scrolling for 10 minutes, havent found one. Legs really should be solid, this seems like another critic proof movie.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

The Twitter reactions also insanely positive. One guy said the man in front of him spit his drink on the girl next to him from laughing so hard. People are calling it "a good ass movie" "funniest movie since Bridesmaids", "hilarious", "IT is pretty freakin funny", "I wanna see IT again", "I don't know guys IT is up there with one of my favorite movies I gotta say",  and tweets like "screw movie theater workers,  I wanna see IT :(" meaning that people under 17 are really wanting to check this out. I was TRYING to find a negative tweet, I've been scrolling for 10 minutes, havent found one. Legs really should be solid, this seems like another critic proof movie.

Always better to go with audience reaction than critical reaction.  I had no desire to see it based on the horrible trailer, but now I will.

• Like 2