The Movie Man

Favorite Moments from 2013 Oscars. Winners, Speeches, Acts, Presenters, Etc.

Another favorite moment, the number of Oscar winners who are going to overtake Nakatomi Plaza this Christmas.

Sorry, you're going to have to explain that to me. I get the Die Hard reference......

Sorry, you're going to have to explain that to me. I get the Die Hard reference......

Yeah about three or four of the winners had long blond hair and looked like Alexander Goudnov aka Karl.  A few of us had a running joke about it.

• Like 1

Yes, but there are several other threads for that. This is supposed to be your "favorite" moments, not yet another discussion on whom or what we thought should win.

No Biggie. As this is a summary for everyone's feelings. Thanks all. I enjoyed reading all the answers. Also right now watching Good Morning America that I s having on lots of stars. Waltz was just on. As expected partying all night. And only showering before coming here.

Highlights for me were J-Law and Waltz winning, with Waltz giving the best acceptance speech of the night.

Maybe Affleck deserved best director, but of the nominees I like that Ang Lee won, Life of Pi was declared unfilmable, but he made it work.

Jennifer definitely had the most endearing moments, tripping on her own dress and that shout out to Emma Stone on the red carpet ("Your ass is mine, Stone!"). That shout out starts around 1:16 in the clip below.

• Like 2

I loved how after Joaquin Phoenix's clip had been shown and they cut to him he  was like "Yeah yeah yeah, who cares.. goddammit"

This is why I love Phoenix. :D A lot of actors pretend that the awards etc. are no big deal for them but Phoenix is the real deal. He truly doesn't give a fuck about awards. He is the guy who sabotaged his own career for 3 years just to pull off a stunt/ fake documentary. I hope he wins someday because his speech will be one for the ages.

Best moments:

- Seth's boob song

- A lot of Seth's jokes.  Usually, the hosts of these things are tediously dumb and try too hard.

- Jennifer Lawrence's trip because I really don't like her

- Joaquin Phoenix's "yeah ya... fuck you guys and kiss my ass" face after they showed his clip for best actor

Worst moments:

- Completely random Michelle Obama video presenting Argo's win.  Wtf?

- Star Trek skit

- Academy President

- Jennifer Lawrence's speech. "nuts yo!"

Worst: Seeing Renee Zellweger after all these years. Normally I can't stand to look at her but she looked extra awful last night. And when Richard Gere gave her the envelope to read the winner and she just kinda stood there and someone else eventually called the name. Awkward....