Wadey Wilsoney

Career-ending Movies

That is true but it killed his career in terms of being a movie star. Its extremely rare to have someone go from something to absolutely nothing. But looking at "leading" men the past 2 decades Costner has certainly lost that status more then the rest.

Kevin Costner has been making a comeback through things like Hatfields and McCoys which was a huge hit and I imagine brought him back into the limelight, this year he's in Man of Steel and Jack Ryan.I would probably say The Postman hurt his career more than Waterworld, that was truly awful, Edited by Jonwo

I think Affleck is good enough to do blockbuster type movies both as an actor and a director. He is about the same age as Leo and Matt Damon. He is younger than RDJ, Depp and Tom Cruise. There is no reason why a high profile guy like him can't have a good acting career. As I mentioned earlier he has made good acting choices recently with the Malick movie and the one with Russell Crowe.

Kingdom of Heaven and Elizabethtown were 2 expensive bombs in 2005 that rightfully and cheerfully ended the dellusion that Borelando Bloom could become the Next Big Thing. Though he really died when Depp made POTC:COTBP his own movie and obliterated eevryone else in it.

Linda Fiorentino`s bitchiness ended her career.

Sean Young bitchiness ended her career.

Showgirls ended Elizabeth Berkley`s career and Verhoeven never really recovered since despite Starship troopers being a total 100% brilliance (but widely misunderstood at the time of its release).

I like to believe that unlike Ringers Hollywood execs hated Sean Astin`s Oscar wanking in TTT and Shriekapoo and rightfully ignored his existance ever since.

I also like to believe that one-two punch of horrid blockbuster performances in KK and The Village sent Adrien Brody into well-deserved Irrelevanceville.

Edited by fishnets

Linda Fiorentino is a good exemple of a "failed" actress and starring in career-ending movies since she undermined herself her own Hollywood career by being bitchy.

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale by Uwe Boll (a.k.a. the Ingmar Bergman of mediocre B-movie schlock) starring Claire Forlani and Leelee Sobieski that faded into oblivion as extras. (It also features B-listers paychecking and faded movie stars like Ron Perlman, Ray Liotta, Matthew Lillard, Jason Statham, Burt Reynolds)

Bloodrayne by Uwe Boll starring Kristanna Loken. She was also starring in that trainwreck aforementionned. She became totally irrelevant after that.

Edited by dashrendar44

Ron Underwood. Pluto Nash.

Simon Wells. Mars needs mom.

I wish Simon Wells would really blow up... I believe he's the grandson of H.G.Wells...

Kinda the same feeling I had when I wished Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley would have had a child.  I mean, the child of Michael Jackson AND the grandchild of Elvis Presley?!?!

COME ON!!!

With actors if they go from headlining a film to being part of an ensemble in a low budget do we consider that career ending.  I certainly wouldn't.

As for Kingdom of Heaven, the cut that was released to theaters was an average film, the directors cut I think is a great film.

• Like 1

Gigli is just a horrible movie. This is one of those rare movies that deserve all the scorn they get. With a more competent director.editor etc. the movie would've been passable. The screenplay isn't that bad and I blame bad acting on the director too.

With actors if they go from headlining a film to being part of an ensemble in a low budget do we consider that career ending.  I certainly wouldn't.

As for Kingdom of Heaven, the cut that was released to theaters was an average film, the directors cut I think is a great film.

I really don`t care how great or not director`s cut is. Bloom was fuckin terrible in both and his career deservedly went to shit. And KoH didn`t bomb because of the theaterical cut but because nobody was buying Bloom as the Aragornesque leader of men.Hence why it opened under $20 mio despite (or most likely because) marketing that outlined "from the Director fo Gladiator"...starring Bloom. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by fishnets

Kristanna Loken is an A-grade example of flopped actress since she had only one role that gave her blink-or-you`ll-miss-it exposure and than went to Uweville.

Leelee Sobrieski and Claire Forlani are another. I keep hearing they were supposed to happen but that never happened.

Another one is Freddie Prinze Jr. He`s still famous for not happening.

I have to say that Liv Tyler post-LOTR is pretty flopped too. She had a moment of exposure in Hulk reboot and Strangers and nothing ever since save Givenchy commercials. I`m confident that the same fate of oblivion avaits Evangeline Lilly as those movies proved not to be star makers but also career enders.