Wadey Wilsoney

Career-ending Movies

I think Affleck did a string of really bad movies which hurt his acting career but the whole comeback thing is more Oscar campaign fiction than reality. He has been constantly working as an actor. Hell, he is in a Terrence Malick movie and I remember him doing a movie with Russell Crowe a couple of years ago.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

And of course he's been the lead role in two of his movies Paris Hilton's career in all senses was pretty much murdered by "The Hottie and the Nottie"

She's never had a film career....she was again, just famous for being famous. She had a sex tape.

And of course he's been the lead role in two of his movies

Paris Hilton's career in all senses was pretty much murdered by "The Hottie and the Nottie"

Plus that epic confrontation between her and David Letterman exposed just how much of a bimbo she really was to anyone left that didn't know.  She was the first Kim Kardashian except not as hot.

• Like 1

Ben Affleck Gigli....reborn as a director.

Funny thing is that he essentially rehabiltated his acting career with Hollywoodland (2006). He got supporting actor noms from the BFCA, Globes, and won Best Actor at the Venice Film Festival (which is one of the 4 big film festivals each year [sundance, Cannes, Toronto, and Venice]).

• Like 1

I think the failure of Gigli probably helped to influence Ben Affleck's decision to do more serious films like Hollywoodland, The Town etc apart from He Just Not that Into You which was an ensemble film he's mostly stayed away from blockbusters and comedies.

I think the failure of Gigli probably helped to influence Ben Affleck's decision to do more serious films like Hollywoodland, The Town etc apart from He Just Not that Into You which was an ensemble film he's mostly stayed away from blockbusters and comedies.

I do think he made a decision for the better.