^ Yeah, I know I shouldn't be surprised because it is the interwebs after all, but it still makes me shake my head. Scottish accents - it's a HTTYD ripoff!! Fighting princess - Mulan!!

There's a girl in it too. They ripped off Salt!! Oh, and the bear?? They ripped off The Jungle Book!! Oh, and there was an arrow flying through air... JUST LIKE ROBIN HOOD!! OMG, there was a queen, JUST LIKE THE QUEEN!!

And there's TREES in it! Just like Avatar!

Given how specific that claim is, I wouldn't be surprised.

We're not talking about Uzbekistan here. Scotland's had a lot of movies made about it, it would be surprising if every single one of them until now had a male protagonist.

Edited by tribefan695

Meh.... I feel the same way about this as I did about Up at this point in time.

Of course, Up turned out being awesome, but I refuse to be sure this will go the same way.

True, sad to say, but my faith has been shaken a bit in Pixar. They pretty much always have lame trailers though, so I perhaps this will live up to the Pixar name

Pixar trailers are never good, people.

I don't mind comparisons to How to Train Your Dragon and such because that was an awesome movie.

But some of the comments around the Internet really show the stupidity of people and that is quite sad, Whoot summarizes quite aptly the idiocy of some comments and commenters.

What I do have a problem with is some of the animation which will be touched up anyway, the jokes don't really hit, but that's not surprising either since Pixar movies don't really make me laugh and some of the best moments are never shown, but my main problem is the mother as I have said before. Hopefully she isn't a generic mother or a father masquerading as a mother because I already KNOW Merida will be a fully awesome character, it's just that if her mother isn't as strong to make her feel/go in the direction the story wants to, then it suffers. Maybe it's because the animation of said woman is off which is why I also feel it but really I don't want another generic Disney mother story out of the mother.