Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

4 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

^ do those run times include the behind the scenes. If you take out the previous episodes recap, the intro and credits, it feels like it's around 45 minutes of actual screen time.

I think it's only including the episode itself (maybe the previously on too).  I remember looking at the run time on HBOGo for say Oathbreaker, the confirmed runtime (like the 51, 60, 59, 69 minute confirmed run times) was in the 50 range whereas including promis and behind the scenes it was over 60.

I think this is just for actual screen time + the intro.

14 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

The writers came out and said GoT is 75 episodes total and this is the star of the 3rd act. Episode 51 -75, shit is going down. Top 2 season?

So splitting the 7th season up is confirmed?  I'm still mixed on this.  I know the plan was 7 seasons so this is just adding more episodes, but I feel like we could use two full seasons.  Plus waiting a year for only 7 and 8 episodes feels lackluster, 10 is already a short amount.

Unless of course they do 7 episodes in the spring and the final 8 in the fall.

Just now, The Panda said:

So splitting the 7th season up is confirmed?  I'm still mixed on this.  I know the plan was 7 seasons so this is just adding more episodes, but I feel like we could use two full seasons.  Plus waiting a year for only 7 and 8 episodes feels lackluster, 10 is already a short amount.

As of now, its like an 8 episode season and a 7 episode season. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming they will do a Breaking Bad/Mad Men and split up S7 into 2 parts for contract negotiation purposes.

30 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I think that would be preferable (as long as it would be Spring/Fall 2017), but I feel like they will split it up April 2017/2018 as they've always done.

11 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I'm assuming they will do a Breaking Bad/Mad Men and split up S7 into 2 parts for contract negotiation purposes.

I think that would be preferable (as long as it would be Spring/Fall 2017), but I feel like they will split it up April 2017/2018 as they've always done.

Yeah, I could see them getting away with a Spring/Fall 2017 split, that gives them more time to film, and it makes the wait not as bad for only getting 7 episodes in the Spring.

A year wait for 7 and 8 episodes feels cruel.

I could see a Spring/Fall split happening depending on how HBO's schedule looks. They're not going to have Leftovers next year and who knows what's going on with Westworld. A Spring/Fall split would also still make both parts eligible for the Emmys

59 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

So... Cleganebowl confirmed?

Mayhaps in the show (assuming you mean Cersei's plan for trial by combat).

The book via one if Brian's dream visions implies a different kind of confrontation IMO.

I'm hoping when this all finishes that we can get a spin-off series, literally about anything (because GRRMs world is so rich).

Personally Id love a spin-off series in the Far East of Essos (far past Quarth) centered around Assai, the Shadowlands, and the Yellow Emperors.

Also, in Martin's lore the Sothyos (however you spell it) continent based off Africa has lovecraft inspired underground gods which could be fun for a spin-off.

The only problem is these kind of spin-offs wouldn't really be Martin inspired.  Sure he has a few sentences of lore about the places written, and probably has some ideas about the direction they'd go in, but you couldn't reach the same heights of Thrones.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Mayhaps in the show (assuming you mean Cersei's plan for trial by combat).

The book via one if Brian's dream visions implies a different kind of confrontation IMO.

Does it? What theory is that?

Knowing the show Ramsey will escape after murdering Rickon and also killing hopes of a Tormund-Brienne ship. He'll then go south and take over King's Landing, tame Dany's dragons, and beat the White Walkers by pissing on them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Knowing the show Ramsey will escape after murdering Rickon and also killing hopes of a Tormund-Brienne ship. He'll then go south and take over King's Landing, tame Dany's dragons, and beat the White Walkers by pissing on them.

LMAO Dany is the ultimate supervillain. I think it was someone on ASoIaF forums who put it thusly: Bloodthirsty conqueror coming from the East, with ferocious dragons, pillaging barbarians, and army of emotionless castrated men = one-dimensional Conan villain :P

• Like 1