Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

Considering the huge backstory already existing for GOT and HBO not having another hit even half as big at the moment, we 're gonna get a spin-off sooner or later.

Mayhaps, but I was referring to non-GoT properties.

I know that the TV rights issue for Wheel of Time is apparently a cluster.

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think they can easily do Roberts Rebellion...

They can do a walking Dead version of the Long Night.

A Series of Aegon would be fun but be just one sided victories lol. 

A series focused around the Dance of the Dragons would be pretty neat, but with all the Dragon combat the budget costs may be a bit too high.

But honestly I think the best option would be for them to do TV movies based on the Dunk & Egg novellas GRRM has written (3 so far). Cool little 2-hour adventure stories that don't require an exorbitant budget.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

A series focused around the Dance of the Dragons would be pretty neat, but with all the Dragon combat the budget costs may be a bit too high.

But honestly I think the best option would be for them to do TV movies based on the Dunk & Egg novellas GRRM has written (3 so far). Cool little 2-hour adventure stories that don't require an exorbitant budget.

You dont think Robert's Rebellion would be a good Story? It would do well as it has many known characters and it ties into the main show a lot? 

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Was wondering if it actually translate well into good TV? 

Nothing I said expressed any opinion on your ideas.

But, since we're now on the subject, a miniseries/season on the False Spring and Robert's Rebellion is an obvious spinoff choice and certainly has strong dramatic potential.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

You dont think Robert's Rebellion would be a good Story? It would do well as it has many known characters and it ties into the main show a lot? 

The odd thing about a Robert's Rebellion show though is that it ties way to heavily into the existing show. It's not some vague story in the show that only book readers know really about. Almost all of the big events and some of the details have been discussed endlessly on the show, we now have Bran's visions and if the R+L=J is true we re gonna get much more. I think by the time the show finishes there won't be much "untold" story for Robert's Rebellion.

• Like 4

People will gripe about this episode but there was a ton of content to process this episode. 

Pretty much there is a ton of stuff going on its pretty hard to keep track but you want to know what happens. 

• Like 1

This episode was mostly a setup/redirection episode for plot lines.

Randyll Tarly is as much an asshole onscreen as he is on the page. Well, he hasn't yet suggested that a woman's problems could be cured by a "good raping" so maybe not quite as much an asshole as the book version yet.

Tommen got played so damn hard. The real question is whether Margaery is a true convert or is playing an elaborate long con.

Jamie going to the Riverlands. Brienne going to the Riverlands. The Tormund Ship is about to sink.

I think we just got confirmation that Benjen = Coldhands from the books.

• Like 2

Loved the High Sparrow/Tommen/Jamie stuff, some excellent scenes there. Everything else was mostly setup, but had to be expected considering the holiday. Fine episode though, the show needed a week to breathe. Sick of locker room speeches by Dany, that's some Friday Night Lights stuff. Next four weeks should be packed and awesome. 

• Like 1

Book-readers, GRRM read a new chapter from Winds of Winter today at a convention and holy shit it's apparently a doozy.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/140571-twow-spoilers-aeron-i-balticon/

Spoiler

So yeah, Book Euron =  a God-Damn Honest-to-God Supervillain about to explode all over Westeros.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

I think we just got confirmation that Benjen = Coldhands from the books.

In the Inside the Episode segment, D&D does refer to him as "Coldhands Benjen" and that he's been working with the 3-eyed Raven ever since he disappeared. 

I thought it was a fine episode, the only part I didn't love was the ending, it felt kind of tacked on and unrevealing given how big of moments the last 5 episode endeds have been.

Weirdly, the Kings Landing stuff was the most compelling part of the episode.  I'm excited to see Jaime go to the Riverlands.  The next few episodes are going to be do or die for a Lady Stoneheart reveal, given that they've slowly been reminding people of some season 3 content this season, I am thinking it's going to happen.  I don't really see how the Riverlands story happens without her. (I could also see how all of the Jon Snow news and other such things could have helped possibly cover up a later Stoneheart reveal)  It's a little late but at the same time they brought back the Ironborne plotline late too.

I really liked Arya's plotline, it's finally moving.  I also think her naming herself Mercy could be a big foreshadow for her character coming up.  Previously, she was about vengeance, it'd be interesting if she becomes the merciful one. 

Also, if Lady Stoneheart is confirmed, then I could see Arya killing her as a mercy killing.  Seeing how cold she had become, she sees what she would have been if she gave into her want to right everyone who ever wronged her.

[/spoiler]

Also, the Mad King showing up was definitely grabbing.  A great way to open the episode and I'm interested if

Bran was the one who made the Mad King mad.  It definitely seemed foreshadowed with him shouting burn them all and then a shot of the white walkers.  The only thing is, what would need to happen to cause Bran to pull a Hodor and make the Mad King Mad.  Maybe the madness that runs in the Targaryan family is actually Bran trying to warg into Dany/Her Dragons to burn all of the white walkers?  Thus him doing it through maybe the Targaryan timeline and being the cause of the madness?

[/spoiler]

Sam gettings Heartsbane was a fun bit too.  I enjoyed the Horn Hill scenes.

All in all, it wasn't a super exciting episode but it gave a hell of a lot of information to chew on for a week.

Edited by The Panda

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Tommen got played so damn hard. The real question is whether Margaery is a true convert or is playing an elaborate long con.

The latter. She just played Tommen and HS to secure a release for herself and to work on Loras's release too without confessing. You could see her planning a way out since the start of the season. Now this also puts her in favor of the HS and she will be able to exert more influence over Tommen than Cersei. 

Judging by her expression on seeing the Tyrell/Lannister armies at the Sept though, I don't think she was expecting a rescue. 

Edited by Spidey Freak