Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Dany hate is because of things the general public hasn't seen yet. Likewise Stannis' best moments are from this point onward mostly.

Dany hate is based on faux-humanitarian outrage created to prop up Stannis and make his atrocities look tame in comparison. They've both done terrible things but Stan the Man gets a pass from his fanboys on kinslaying, live fire sacrifice, etc etc.

Great premiere! Oberyn and Ellaria are perfectly casted. Joffie boy was funny. Cersei/Jamie drama is just so fleshy and layered. Really love how the Lannisters have been developed into this tragic family whose issues are exacerbated when they are together. They're kinda the Anti-Starks in that regard, who were shattered once they were torn apart. 

Margaery with that Joffrey "necklace of dead sparrows" joke had to be the best line all night  :lol:

Hehe, yup. Love that the show has really made the Tyrell women so personable. They always had great potential in the books too but unfortunately, as none of them were POV characters, they seemed underdeveloped. That's where the show triumphs. Natalie and Dame Diana really bring the charisma and sass to the table.

Edited by Spidey Freak of Highgarden
  • Like 3

I love how the opening scene with Tywin and Jaimie mirrors the first episode of Tywin and Tyrion last year.  Both involved the son walking out after being insulted by their father.

Yeah it was great when Jaime just straight up said "No" to Tywin's face. Ain't nobody else gonna talk to Big Daddy Lannister like that!  :P

Edited by Kingslayer
  • Like 3

Oberyn!! 

woah he's cast spot on!!

Jaime waving his new hand  :D

Tyrion/Bronn/Pod  :wub:

still dont like that Dormer girl with her only smirk

Tiwyn/Jaime & generally Charles Dance. He's God! :worthy:  I need the whole Lannister family scene

Edited by Tauriel

Great opening.Oberyn is greately casted.  Love him. And I'm happy of returning of some characters (Janos Slynt, Aliester Thorne, Dontos Hollard).Emilia Clarke and Maise Williams are awful actressess, but oh, well...

Dany hate is based on faux-humanitarian outrage created to prop up Stannis and make his atrocities look tame in comparison. They've both done terrible things but Stan the Man gets a pass from his fanboys on kinslaying, live fire sacrifice, etc etc.

Stannis assassinated his brother the night before his brother planned to wipe out Stannis and his whole army. Renly never gets any hate for leaping in front of his brother and flat-out wanting to kill him when he won't back down. Yeah it was kinslaying but it was a pre-emptive strike that saved thousands of lives. The only people Stannis has burned has been traitors or hard criminals. Treason still carries the death penalty here in the U.S. If it was normal executions instead of death by fire, people wouldn't be complaining at all (and granted, death by burning is a cruel way to executed someone). But again, by this point in the show we've seen the worst aspects of Stannis and he improves, whereas the worst parts of Dany are still to come. Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 1

"I think I'll have two chicken" - The Hound

Great premiere. The last fight might have been the most brutal so far. I was really shocked how graphic the last two deaths were, and then the epic Arya smile to top it off.

I like the new Daario, the badass wildling, and Oberyn looks awesome.

Also, Alliser Thorne and Janos Slynt are officially the most scumbag pairing of any characters so far in the show. Or ever.

• Like 1

I read the books, that's what I'm asking. : ) You can put answer in spoiler tags, or just PM me. :P

I think the Dany hate is overblown and takes some things out of proportion. As I said earlier in the thread, I like her a fair bit overall, but since she's a Targ she could end up an Aerys/Viserys when all is said and done.

Alliester - Janos duo is awesome. So hateable! :D

Bro-Team of Douche, though Janos is clearly the bigger asshole of the two. People are speculating that they will give Aliser Thorne all of Donal Noye's stuff this season

Making him the leader of the Night's Watch at Castle Black and then dying while taking down the King of the Giants. It would also allow for TV show feels since he would give command to Jon after realizing that Jon's a good guy after all