Vanilla

Early Friday Numbers. Croods-11, Olympus-10, Spring.Admission-2.5

Great weekend with very good numbers from Croods and Olympus. I was expecting both of them to end up with $10-15 million less so this is definitely a pleasant surprise. Oz is still holding in there strongly too. Hopefully The Rock can lead Retaliation to a big number next weekend for a solid lead in to April which might end up being stronger than a lot of us expected.

@EWGradySmith

Box office disaster: Lindsay Lohan film 'InAPPropriate Comedy,' directed by the ShamWow guy, debuts to $172,000

the ShamWow guy???

THIS GUY???

Posted Image

Someone let this guy direct a movie?

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum
  • Like 4

@EWGradySmith

Box office disaster: Lindsay Lohan film 'InAPPropriate Comedy,' directed by the ShamWow guy, debuts to $172,000

the ShamWow guy???

THIS GUY???

Posted Image

What the hell?

@EWGradySmith

the ShamWow guy???

THIS GUY???

Posted Image

I guess he'll have to go back to playing with his little Schticky after this. Posted Image

Michelle Rodriguez is going from this to Fast Six, what a difference a couple of months make. Fast Six will make more in one hour than this will ever make.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

Never heard of it

"Surely there are phone apps that could write a funnier film than this." Roger Moore from Movie Nation

"This painfully unfunny assemblage of would-be comedy sketches manages to make Movie 43 look good in retrospect." Frank Scheck from Hollywood Reporter

;)

They'll leave her alone when she stops fucking up every aspect of her life. I kinda agree, but it's hard to feel sorry for the girl.

Agreed, but I feel no sympathy for her parents though, or at least her mom. She is a big reason in Lindsay's fall and tried more on capitalizing on it, rather than helping her through it. Lindsay's mom is actually $1.3 million in debt and she's used Lindsay's fortune to soften it and she tried to break her younger daughter Ali into the mold of stardom to make more family success, which didn't happen. It looked at one point that they were going to be the new Kardashians thanks to E!, but that didn't happen either, lasting only 9 episodes. The same can be said about the Kardashians mom Kris, who even sold Kim's sex-tape (which is extremely awkward...), but that's how it is I guess. I wanted to see LL make a comeback, but when the only person trying to help her is Charlie Sheen (who has his own problems) and she just continues to do the things she does, that want dwindles. I wish them out of debt, I don't want anyone to have to struggle with life, but they have to do better. Don't push your daughters into the spotlight and try to squeeze every dollar bill out of them, then blow their money and brush off their problems; help them through their problems, no cameras, no E!, no tabloids, no deals, just motherly love. Sorry about that.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

Still kinda disappointed in Croods number. No breakout, but at least it did not bomb. 

Great for Olympus. 

Eh, looks like bad WOM is killing Spring Breakers. I guess that is what happens when a film mocks it's target audience. 

Good hold for Oz, 

OMG SLP so close to 130M! :D

Still kinda disappointed in Croods number. No breakout, but at least it did not bomb. 

Great for Olympus. 

Eh, looks like bad WOM is killing Spring Breakers. I guess that is what happens when a film mocks it's target audience. 

Good hold for Oz, 

OMG SLP so close to 130M! :D

I don't think Spring Breakers' weekend gross is an indication of WOM one way or the other. It's simply not the type of platform release that breaks out. Doesn't matter anyways since it already made its budget back. Also, I'm pretty sure teenagers and young "spring breakers" were never the target audience.