Vanilla

Early Friday Numbers. Croods-11, Olympus-10, Spring.Admission-2.5

:o at that Call hold. 

I am glad The Croods is doing Dragon-esque numbers. Seems good. My friends are forcing me to go watch Olympus with them and it seems great fun, but I want to watch Croods for the sound of Emma's delicious voice.  :wub:  The dilemma.

• Like 1

I haven't been to a movie theater since Zero Dark Thirty in January.I don't think I've missed much.

Oh but you have. Side Effects, Stoker, and Spring Breakers! 

I don't think Croods will have HTTYD legs. What HTTYD had going for it was the strong WOM and good critical reception - Croods doesn't seem to have either of those (at least, from what I can tell).

That's true. I think they'll be fine though. I know the trailer is coming with Joe, but maybe they should just wait for IM3 or Oblivion now and then bombard us with Tatum/Foxx all of May and June. If people confuse WHD and OHF, I think Olympus would benefit, but either way it should do fine and if the script is as good as you say then Sony has confidence.

It's the only movie In June without a trailer. It needs some awareness if it's going compete with all those movies before it and ahead of it.I just wanna know the marketing to it. They did good with the call. Sony hire me. In the poster i'll put jame foxx as president with tag line "from slave to president" =p I'll get fired in 123 lolBeside the internet I doubt the general audience know it exist so I can understand why premiere it next week especially with G.I Joe. Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

It's the only movie In June without a trailer. It needs some awareness if it's compete with all those movies before it and ahead of it.

I just wanna know the marketing to it. They did good with the call.

Sony hire me. In the poster i'll put jame foxx as president with tag line "from slave to president" =p I'll get fired in 123 lol

Beside the internet I doubt the general audience know it exist so I can understand why premiere it next week especially with G.I Joe.

"From the director of Independence Day and 2012 (that didn't happen), with the writer of Amazing Spiderman, staring (the man who played) Django, (the man who played) Magic Mike, and RACHALLLL a soldier who takes down Bin Laden in AA nominated ZDT --- White House Down" "White House Down --- the script sold for $3 million and the budget is $150 million, so you know it's good, things blow up, and Channing gets sweaty in a tank top --- in theaters June 28th" "this Independence Day, an ex-slave and a male stripper will team up and make your great great conservative grandfathers cry --- only in theaters"

Bam. WHD is marketed. Just say Django and MM and anyone who was looking down is now glued to the screen.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 4

"From the director of Independence Day and 2012 (that didn't happen), with the writer of Amazing Spiderman, staring (the man who played) Django, (the man who played) Magic Mike, and RACHALLLL --- White House Down" "White House Down --- the script sold for $3 million, so you know it's good --- in theaters June 28th" "this Independence Day, an ex-slave and a male stripper will team up and make your great great great conservative grandfathers cry --- only in theaters"A,Bam. WHD is marketed. Just say Django and MM and anyone who was looking down is now glued to the screen.

Lmao you slayed me!I'll take rachael out of there. If I remember correctly nobody liked her. So I replace her wit my home boy Jason Clarke. The guy Help catch Osama bin linden goes rogue. June 28th" "this Independence Day, an ex-slave and a male stripper will team up and make your great great great conservative grandfathers cry --- only in theaters June 28 Edited by Dragon

Lmao you slayed me!I'll take rachael out of there. If I remember correctly nobody liked her.So I replace her wit my home boy Jason Clarke the man who Help catch Osama bin linden goes rogue.

hahaha I edited it.

• Like 1

I knew it wasn't going to be mainstream at all.  It was really smart of them to expand as much as they did.

Yep, if it winds up making $6-7 million this weekend, that would be fantastic.

Everything seems to have dropped with the latest update.

#1 ‘The Croods’ Toons Up $11.4M Friday For $42M Weekend, #2 ‘Olympus Has Fallen’ Rises To $9M/$26M, #5 ‘Admission’ Enters $2.1M/$6.2M, #6 ‘Spring Breakers’ Expands For $1.7M/$4.6M

An estimated 13% of K-12 were on school break for the start of the Passover/Easter holidays so family fare ruled. Specifically, DreamWorks Animation‘s pre-historic newcomer The Croods (4,046 theaters, including over 3,000 in 3D) led the domestic box office with $11.4M in the widest release and an ‘A’ CinemaScore from audiences. That will help word of mouth despite only 64% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes endangering its multiple. It looks like a $42M weekend opening (after the expected Saturday kiddie bump) for cost of $135M.

Not only is Peter Schlessel’s FilmDistrict enjoying its biggest opening yet with #2 Antoine Fuqua’s R-rated action thriller Olympus Has Fallen (3,098 theaters) looking at $9M Friday and perhaps $26M for its first weekend.But the pic scored an ‘A-’ with audiences that should help word of mouth. That’s a relief because the movie’s cost of $70M is one of the bigger budgets this small indiefilm company has ever released.

Disney’s holdover Oz The Great And Powerful (3,805 theaters) is still going strong at #3 with $5.5M Friday and perhaps another $20.9M through Sunday. And #4 is Sony/TriStar’s holdover pickup The Call (2,507 theaters) with $2.7M Friday (-55% from a week ago) and $9.7M weekend.

Right now for #5 is Focus Features’ Tina Fey/Paul Rudd new low-budget comedy Admission (2,160 theaters) which may be $2.1M Friday and $6.2M this weekend.

Edited by TLK