CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

Well BS is what you call a suprise hit or a breakout hit. HF2 is a sequel to 198m movie.

They were hoping for the same that happened with TBS. To work as counter-program and open over 30M.

This yo-yo with BD1 numbers is so damn annoying! How come it was on pace to $150 mio when it was estimated $73 mio and now that estimate is only $1 million lower, it`s suddenly gonna be lucky to hit $140 mio? Makes NO sense.

YOU make no sense.New Moon did nearly $73m but finished with $142m for the weekend.A $71.5-$72m OD means a $138m weekend most likely.

YOU make no sense.New Moon did nearly $73m but finished with $142m for the weekend.A $71.5-$72m OD means a $138m weekend most likely.

YOU make no sense. BD1 is better received by fans than NM which is now considered the weakest of the movies. No wonder it dropped like a rock. BD1 will have much better hold.

BD1 will have much better hold.

Sigh...This Twilight film is affecting the box office weirdly. Blind Side and TLA were both great counterprograming to NM and Eclipse, respectively. But Happy Feet bombed (pretty hard) and nothing else held that well.

I don't see this hitting 140M either....133 - 137M seems most probable. It had a 4M lead on NM with its midnight gross and still failed to top its OD...not a great sign IMO.

lol, really people were complaining about how sales were no where near NM and now finishing within a million is a bad sign.

lol, really people were complaining about how sales were no where near NM and now finishing within a million is a bad sign.

I didn't say it was a bad sign, i said it wasn't a great sign. The film is obviously more frontloaded than NM, and with a lower OD I think this has 0 chance of topping 300M....280M seems to be the target.

My guess is Twilight will do about $132M for the weekend which would be good enough for #6 all-time. Then round out at around $257M total.

Twilight isn't doing less than 290 million. It has an opening day equal to New Moon and has exceeded Eclipse . The movie is getting positive reaction from fans so there is absolutely no reason for it to suddenly drop 40 million from the previous two movies. In fact, its opening weekend should be in the 140 million range , give or take couple of million.

I didn't say it was a bad sign, i said it wasn't a great sign. The film is obviously more frontloaded than NM, and with a lower OD I think this has 0 chance of topping 300M....280M seems to be the target.

But the WOM from fanbase is tremendous and I think it will be in the 295M-305M range.

I love how some of you continue to doubt the Twilight fans no matter what. Too funny. Remember after Eclipse's OD/OW everyone thought that would finish off at 250ish? Yeah, look how that turned out.

Twilight isn't doing less than 290 million. It has an opening day equal to New Moon and has exceeded Eclipse . The movie is getting positive reaction from fans so there is absolutely no reason for it to suddenly drop 40 million from the previous two movies. In fact, its opening weekend should be in the 140 million range , give or take couple of million.

This is one of the only sensible responses on this page. Edited by Taylor