RyneOh1040

Friday Numbers - ED 30M+, JP 17 (30M and 17M predicted OW)

Ghost face had some cool lines too

"Forget watching Stab, instead you get to live it."

"This isn't a comedy, it's a horror film. People live, people die and you'd better start running."

"I'm not fucking Trevor"

"I'm gonna slit your eyelids in half so you don't blink when I stab you in the face."it doesn't sound to me like you're in the hospital. Sounds to me like you're in a parking garage, a dark, deserted parking garage. But if you want to be in the hospital, I'd he happy to put you there, in the morgue!"

DId anyone else love Cotton Weary? 100% cotton

"

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-evil-dead-433395

Evil Dead is expected to gross in the $12 million range on Friday, including a healthy $1.8 million in Thursday night shows. The film, costing a modest $17 million to produce, is now expected to hit $25 million in its North American debut for Sony/TriStar, FilmDistrict and Raimi's Ghost House.

Jurassic Park 3D is expected to gross in the $7 million range on Friday for a weekend opening nearing $20 million, though 3D rereleases are tricky to model. That would put Spielberg's film in a close race with holdovers The Croods and G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-evil-dead-433395

Evil Dead is expected to gross in the $12 million range on Friday, including a healthy $1.8 million in Thursday night shows. The film, costing a modest $17 million to produce, is now expected to hit $25 million in its North American debut for Sony/TriStar, FilmDistrict and Raimi's Ghost House.

Jurassic Park 3D is expected to gross in the $7 million range on Friday for a weekend opening nearing $20 million, though 3D rereleases are tricky to model. That would put Spielberg's film in a close race with holdovers The Croods and G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Evil Dead is about in-line with predicts, I'd assume $30 million was a stretch.

Really good for Jurassic Park 3D. Guess 3D re-releases are a good thing after all At least for studios to get money  :stirthepot:

I think it depends on the movie being re-released in 3D. Jurassic Park is one of the very few old movies that actually works in 3D. The scale of the original movie was epic and there aren't that many movies that can compete with Jurassic Park.

I think it depends on the movie being re-released in 3D. Jurassic Park is one of the very few old movies that actually works in 3D. The scale of the original movie was epic and there aren't that many movies that can compete with Jurassic Park.

Independence day and twister say hi.

I enjoy disaster films...but I hated Twister.

I was just speaking to his specific reference of large scale movies and twister certainly fit that bill. Personally I liked twister a lot, but to each their own.

Both TC3D and TDI went up from early numbers, most horror movies do...

And that's why I guess that's not the ceiling for Evil Dead, late night showings haven't even started on East Coast, should be massive in that time slot. Should be at least 14m...

Great Number for Jurassic Park. It's an amazing movie, it's destined to be shown on the Big Screen, 3D or not. I miss Re-Releases. Those are the films they should show more often in special screenings.

Edited by Poseidon

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/first-box-office-evil-dead-and-jurassic-park-3d-start-strong-in-late-shows/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FRIDAY 4:30 PM, 2ND UPDATE: No change in the Top Five order with 30% of kids out of school especially in the big cities and 7% of college students out. Sony’s Tristar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House’s Evil Dead is looking like $13M-$15M today and $27M-$30M for the weekend. Universal’s Jurassic Park 3D targeting $7M today with 45% of its business in IMAX locations.  Paramount’s holdover G.I. Joe: Retaliation which was last weekend’s #1 looks down -59% Friday and only -50% for the weekend.