RyneOh1040

Friday Numbers - ED 30M+, JP 17 (30M and 17M predicted OW)

I remember tracking being at like mid twenties for scre4m and most members were laughing their asses off about how much they were underestimating the film.  :blush: 

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

It's amazing JP came out 20 years ago and it still can pull these numbers after it comes on TV and everyone had it on VHS, DVD. Amazing. This is what Timeless is people. A movie that will never get old. I'm shocked by "Evil Dead", Like shocked, I was thinking low 20's but 30's wow.

I hope they re-release independence day or twister next. Those would be awesome to see on the big screen. Evil Dead number doesn't surprise me at all. It's one of the few horror films advertised that I actually got freaked out from the trailer. It was also marketed very heavily. Now if WOM is good can we have another 100m horror franchise?

And I still don't get why they have to release them in 3D. Re-release some classics as they were meant to and you save on conversion and will make audiences just as happy.

They do well OS.

I'm more than happy to watch the regular old 2D versions on the big screen again, but Impact is right. The 3D conversions generate a profit overseas. The whole idea is to make money, and in general, converting to 3D makes the companies more money.

I hope they re-release independence day or twister next. Those would be awesome to see on the big screen. Evil Dead number doesn't surprise me at all. It's one of the few horror films advertised that I actually got freaked out from the trailer. It was also marketed very heavily. Now if WOM is good can we have another 100m horror franchise?

I thought Independence Day was a done deal?

Great number for Evil Dead. This should be a Friday evening movie so I wonder if $35 million is in play.

I was going to say I was wondering why everyone keeps thinking this is going to drop when obviously morning/afternoon shows will be less busy then the evening ones. This screams ( :P ) Friday night movie and I would bet it actually goes up from the 11m estimate and 30m weekend. Wouldn't be surprised to see it hit closer to 40 even. Though WOM will be the deciding factor.

Evil Dead number doesn't surprise me at all. It's one of the few horror films advertised that I actually got freaked out from the trailer. It was also marketed very heavily.

This is one of the great screenshots of all time:

Posted Image

Edited by kitik

I was going to say I was wondering why everyone keeps thinking this is going to drop when obviously morning/afternoon shows will be less busy then the evening ones.

I think the assumption is that the daytime/nighttime ratio for movies like this and Croods is already factored in.

I was here when Scream 4 opened and I remember Baumer having a thread which he jokingly said it opened to $20MOD....the meltdowns  lol. Scream 4 was several years late plus it was a mediocre movie.

Posted Image

• Like 2

It's outright nutty to imagine an Evil Dead reboot could open higher than not only a Scream reboot, but a Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot (with 3D) and perhaps even a Nightmare on Elm Street reboot. The only 80's horror franchise it wouldn't be beating is Friday the 13th. Sony's marketing team deserves a cookie.

It's outright nutty to imagine an Evil Dead reboot could open higher than not only a Scream reboot, but a Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot (with 3D) and perhaps even a Nightmare on Elm Street reboot. The only 80's horror franchise it wouldn't be beating is Friday the 13th. Sony's marketing team deserves a cookie.

Not even that.

Posted Image

Everyone gets a single plate.