RyneOh1040

Friday Numbers - ED 30M+, JP 17 (30M and 17M predicted OW)

Ghost face had some cool lines too

"Forget watching Stab, instead you get to live it."

"This isn't a comedy, it's a horror film. People live, people die and you'd better start running."

"I'm not fucking Trevor"

"I'm gonna slit your eyelids in half so you don't blink when I stab you in the face."it doesn't sound to me like you're in the hospital. Sounds to me like you're in a parking garage, a dark, deserted parking garage. But if you want to be in the hospital, I'd he happy to put you there, in the morgue!"

DId anyone else love Cotton Weary? 100% cotton

"

"Same one Marnie's in, only her scene got cut way back. But you? You're the dumb blonde with the big tits, we'll have some fun with you before you die.""Your lemon squares taste like ass."

Everyone in my theater lost it there.

The opening was really good too.

My favorite line from the movie belonged to awesome Sidney-

"You forgot the first rule of reboots. Don't fuck with the original!"

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/first-box-office-evil-dead-and-jurassic-park-3d-start-strong-in-late-shows/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FRIDAY 11:30 PM, 3RD UPDATE: Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House’s newcomer Evil Dead is a #1 lock today with $11.5 million assuming good late shows and as much as $27M for the weekend depending on Saturday’s drop. The ‘C+’ CinemaScore is disappointing for word of mouth. (“Maybe they just grabbed the people running out the door with their hands over their mouths,” joked a studio exec about the horror genre.) Coming in #2 today is Universal’s new conversion of Jurassic Park In 3D with $7M. But it could drop to #4 taking in $18M through Sunday. As for overall moviegoing, the weekend could be as high as $130M which would be +5% from last year.

Yikes @ that CS!

Loving the Scream 4 love. I still don't understand why it under performed domestically. I was so annoyed that weekend. It does seem to have had a lot more recognition since theatres though. But it still should have made more.Great start for Evil Dead.

TopTen list based on Friday estimates:1. Evil Dead (FilmDistrict/Tristar/Sony) NEW [Runs 3,025] RFriday $11.5M, Weekend $27.0M2. Jurassic Park 3D (Universal) NEW [Runs 2,771] PG13Friday $7.0M, Weekend $18.0M3. G.I. Joe: Retaliation 3D (Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 3,734] PG13Friday $6.7M (-56%), Weekend$22.0M, Cume $87.0M4. The Croods 3D (DreamWorks Animation/Fox) Week 3 [Runs 3,879] PGFriday $5.8M, Weekend $21.0M, Cume $125.7M

• Like 1

It's outright nutty to imagine an Evil Dead reboot could open higher than not only a Scream reboot, but a Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot (with 3D) and perhaps even a Nightmare on Elm Street reboot. The only 80's horror franchise it wouldn't be beating is Friday the 13th. Sony's marketing team deserves a cookie.

They do deserve a cookie, a chocolate chip cookie at that. None of those hazzle nut cookies or the raspberry shit, talk about ruining something special. And rasiens, why the fuck would anyone have rasiens in a cookie, its like having sandpaper in a sandwich, coated in shit. Edited by Jessie

1. Evil Dead (FilmDistrict/Tristar/Sony) NEW [Runs 3,025] RFriday $11.5M, Weekend $27.0M

2. Jurassic Park 3D (Universal) NEW [Runs 2,771] PG13Friday $7.0M, Weekend $18.0M

3. G.I. Joe: Retaliation 3D (Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 3,734] PG13Friday $6.7M (-56%), Weekend $22.0M, Cume $87.0M

4. The Croods 3D (DreamWorks Animation/Fox) Week 3 [Runs 3,879] PGFriday $5.8M, Weekend $21.0M, Cume $125.7M

5. Tyler Perry’s Temptation (Lionsgate) Week 2 [Runs 2,047] PG13Friday $3.4M (-64%), Weekend $11.0M, Cume $39.4M

6. Olympus Has Fallen (FilmDistrict) week 3 [Runs 3,059] RFriday $3.0M, Weekend $9.6M, Cume $70.7M

7. Oz The Great And Powerful (Disney) Week 5 [Runs 2,905] PGFriday $2.3M, Weekend $8.6M, Cume $213.4M

8. The Host (Open Road) Week 2 [Runs 3,202] PG13Friday $1.7M (-67%), Weekend $5.3M, Cume $19.7M

9. The Call (TriStar/Sony) Week 4 [Runs 2,002] RFriday $1.1M, Weekend $3.5M, Cume $45.5M

10. Admission (Focus Features) Week 3 [Runs 1,407] PG13Friday $700K, Weekend $2.2M, Cume $15.5M

Edited by kayumanggi

Scream 4 was like American Reunion in terms of expectations and actual performance. It was sad for Reuinion because unlike Screan 4, it was arguably the best in the series and deserved to do better.

Edited by Jessie

Scream 4 did worse than I thought it would, but some of the predictions on here at the time were plain silly. Nostalgia for the series simply wasn't that high.

People like to use nostalgia as reasoning for certain film to be big but it never tends to be the case. Same thing happened with Toy Story 3, yeah it did well but it was on the low end to most of the predictions on this site and nostalgia was the reasoning behind all the overhyped guesstimates. Edited by Jessie