A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Passengers...or can still star power open a original movie with bad reviews? I´ll stick in this post, this movie is the most interesting case, boxoffice wise, this winter. 

Spoiler

I´m interested in  Rogue One, Blade Runner, Assesin Creed and Ms Sloan performance at boxoffice, I read all of them. Also all the Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises momments were funny in the old forum.

I love reading about multipliers and stadistic, also all related with the sociologic background about moviemarketing. 

Last time I registered in a english forum was because someone was commenting how tiresome Jessica Chastain was in her twitter with all the "good person" acctitude (I was like...seriously?)

Maybe next time an user suggest to alienate someone personality in order to sell better a movie or simply because they don´t like them ,  I´ll write again. (someone=usually successful actresses, where are you Anne Hattahaway?). Until that moment thanks for explaining the "ignore" use here, now I´m really happy that I registered so I can access that feature. 

I never wrote before because ....english.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Moderation:

Yes, let me reiterate what Grim said. Cocho, you're basically trolling the thread at this point. Please stop.

Not true, but whatever.

Not unexpected for this to be your reaction to these types of situations...

31 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Just curious, @Cochofles but what is it about her that you find so off setting?

I used to love her and found her cute and refreshing. 

Then her "Look at me...I am so real and down to earth!" schtick started to feel increasingly fake and irritating. To me, she comes across as rude and insensitive; an utterly entitled Hollywood brat.

Having said that, her on-screen charm and her acting talent are undeniable.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Then her "Look at me...I am so real and down to earth!" schtick started to feel increasingly fake and irritating. To me, she comes across as rude and insensitive; an utterly entitled Hollywood brat.

The wonderful thing is that we are all entitled to our own opinions about who we like or not. An even more wonderful thing is not ramming our personal preferences down other people's throats because they are really not that important. 

6 minutes ago, straggler said:

The wonderful thing is that we are all entitled to our own opinions about who we like or not. An even more wonderful thing is not ramming our personal preferences down other people's throats because they are really not that important. 

Another wonderful thing that works particularly well when we perceive others' opinions as "ramming things down our throats"?

The ignore feature. :D 

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

That's why I don't watch interviews, award ceremonies etc. at all. These things are a waste of time.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Another wonderful thing that works particularly well when we perceive others' opinions as "ramming things down our throats"?

The ignore feature. :D 

So in other words you are so deranged and delusionally self-important that you insist upon your divine right to keep spamming the board with inanities that have nothing to do with box office even after the moderators politely asked you to stop. I think you need a mental health day. Bye. 

Edited by straggler

3 minutes ago, straggler said:

So in other words you are so deranged and delusionally self-important that you insist upon your divine right to keep spamming the board with inanities that have nothing to do with box office even after the moderators politely asked you to stop. I think you need a mental health day. Bye. 

"Please stop derailing the thread, Cochofles!"----says the guy as he, once again, derails it to complain about cochofles derailing the thread in order to, once again make it seem like Cochofles is trolling.

Yawn.

Mods, your turn to, once again, tell me to stop, which will be immediately followed by another Jlaw stan derailing the thread again to complain about me. 

*facepalm*

Edited by Cochofles

20 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

BO thinks this movie gets 30M opening weekend and 120 dom cume.

Yeah, I don't get these numbers (or holiday numbers period).  They say $30M 3-day weekend -- but it opens on a Wednesday and Sunday is Christmas.  On the other hand they have Sing at $34M over a 4 day weekend (through Monday), which seems to work out to less than Passengers over the weekend per day, but give it a $180M cume.  I'm not arguing about animation legs over the holiday (although I'd see Moana a dozen times before I'd see Sing, Moana was great.) But I just don't get how they work these numbers out.

5 hours ago, Chewy said:

Something something something Black List

What's the deal with the black list hype anyway ? My understanding is that it is just a compilation of how popular a script is with Hollywood executives and it says nothing about the actual quality of the script. Most blacklisted scripted never pan out into good movies.

This film always looked (based on those tonally indecisive trailers) liked a major turd; the reviews simply confirm it. And sorry to her fans, but Jennifer Lawrence needs a reality check, and maybe a critically reviled box office flop will teach her some humility. I was never a fan of hers, but her immature shenanigans with the rocks, the inequality BS (poor little rich girl who dies not get as many millions as she thinks she deserves) and the rudeness to the presss make me glad that this film is on its way to the flophouse.

Just now, Beals said:

This film always looked (based on those tonally indecisive trailers) liked a major turd; the reviews simply confirm it. And sorry to her fans, but Jennifer Lawrence needs a reality check, and maybe a critically reviled box office flop will teach her some humility. I was never a fan of hers, but her immature shenanigans with the rocks, the inequality BS (poor little rich girl who dies not get as many millions as she thinks she deserves) and the rudeness to the presss make me glad that this film is on its way to the flophouse.

Movie will make money. This are targeting younger audience with this movie and they don't give a fuck about RT score. A glossy romance with two A-list lead actors is good enough.

1 minute ago, TLK said:

Movie will make money. This are targeting younger audience with this movie and they don't give a fuck about RT score. A glossy romance with two A-list lead actors is good enough.

The Tourist, The Mexican, and Serena say ‘hi’...

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, TLK said:

The audience that "cares" a lot about RT scores are like teens and people in their twenties. If you really want to see a movie, you'll ignore the low RT score, sure but that's true of anyone regardless of what age group your in.