A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

16 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I really believe this is going to find an audience.  It's too good not too.  Give it a bit of time, it'll pick up steam imo.

:wub:

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I know I'm harping on but I really can't stop listening to Newman's score for this. In fact, it's convinced me to go and see the movie.

I listened to it on spotify and liked it, but it is electric along with the movie.

Well, it didn't make the shortlist for make-up so...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION IN ALL CATEGORIES INCLUDING
BEST PICTURE

Neal H. Moritz, p.g.a. | Stephen Hamel, p.g.a. | Michael Maher, p.g.a. | Ori Marmur, p.g.a.

BEST DIRECTOR

Morten Tyldum

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

Jon Spaihts

BEST ACTOR

Chris Pratt

BEST ACTRESS

Jennifer Lawrence

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Michael Sheen

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC

BEST FILM EDITING

Maryann Brandon, ACE

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

Guy Hendrix Dyas

Production Designer

Gene Serdena

Set Decorator

BEST SOUND EDITING

Will Files

Supervising Sound Editor & Sound Designer

BEST SOUND MIXING

Whit Norri

Production Mixer

Kevin O’Connell

Re–Recording Mixer

Will Files

Re–Recording Mixer

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

Erik Nordby

Visual Effects Supervisor

Pete Dionne

Sebastien Gourdal

CG Supervisorr

Sebastien Gourdal

Special Effects Coordinator

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

Thomas Newman

BEST COSTUME DESIGN

Jany Temime

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING

Vivian Baker

Makeup Department Head

Cydney Cornell

Hair Department Head

BEST ORIGINAL SONG

“Levitate”

Music by

Daniel Reynolds, Daniel Sermon and Timothy Edgar

Lyrics by

Daniel Reynolds

https://www.sonypicturesawards.com/awards/movies/index.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Well, it didn't make the shortlist for make-up so...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION IN ALL CATEGORIES INCLUDING
BEST PICTURE

Neal H. Moritz, p.g.a. | Stephen Hamel, p.g.a. | Michael Maher, p.g.a. | Ori Marmur, p.g.a.

BEST DIRECTOR

Morten Tyldum

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

Jon Spaihts

BEST ACTOR

Chris Pratt

BEST ACTRESS

Jennifer Lawrence

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Michael Sheen

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC

BEST FILM EDITING

Maryann Brandon, ACE

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

Guy Hendrix Dyas

Production Designer

Gene Serdena

Set Decorator

BEST SOUND EDITING

Will Files

Supervising Sound Editor & Sound Designer

BEST SOUND MIXING

Whit Norri

Production Mixer

Kevin O’Connell

Re–Recording Mixer

Will Files

Re–Recording Mixer

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

Erik Nordby

Pete Dionne

Sebastien Gourdal

CG Supervisorr

Sebastien Gourdal

Special Effects Coordinator

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

Thomas Newman

BEST COSTUME DESIGN

Jany Temime

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING

Vivian Baker

Makeup Department Head

Cydney Cornell

Hair Department Head

BEST ORIGINAL SONG

“Levitate”

Music by

Daniel Reynolds, Daniel Sermon and Timothy Edgar

Lyrics by

Daniel Reynolds

https://www.sonypicturesawards.com/awards/movies/index.html

BEST ASS

Chris Pratt

• Like 5

Just now, Cochofles said:

I would not be shocked if it got a Best Original Song nod for "Levitate" though...

That category's pretty stacked with movies that actually are contenders (La La Land), have too much buzz to be ignored (Moana), and a couple of obscure documentary films that usually sneak in. There's not much room for a poorly-reviewed, underperforming "blockbuster."

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That category's pretty stacked with movies that actually are contenders (La La Land), have too much buzz to be ignored (Moana), and a couple of obscure documentary films that usually sneak in. There's not much room for a poorly-reviewed, underperforming "blockbuster."

Have you already watched it? Did you like? I still have to wait 2 more weeks. :( 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I know I'm harping on but I really can't stop listening to Newman's score for this. In fact, it's convinced me to go and see the movie.

It's pretty, but it definitely sounds like Newman phoning it in.  He's done much better.

That wasn't too bad at all, surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's exactly what I expected from the trailers - big glossy blockbuster date movie. Overall it's a very well crafted film, solid stuff from Tyldum, Lawrence and Pratt. For the most part (memory is sort of hazy but from my memory of it) it's that script brought to life. The highlights really were Fishburne and Sheen (who nearly stole the whole show), the production design and Thomas Newman. The fact that everything is just surface level with a lot of sci-fi tropes used is to be honest just fine with me, that's what the film strives for and it's executed well, in the end it's just fun and enjoyable. Now - and I'll put this under a SPOILER ALERT because it's not in the marketing

That twist or whatever you want to call it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the reaction to it. I take it the problem with is is that 1. it's the most compelling un cliche/glossy thing the film has to offer and 2. it's only 2/3 of the way developed and could've been fully followed through with one simple change which the film actually hints at, but where the film leaves it makes this point a problem. I admit my memory of the script is hazy but if the ending is the same, why didn't people take vocal issue with it back when people were gushing all over the script?

Anyway, does not deserve that 33% RT.

7/10

• Like 4

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, this is getting no Oscar nominations whatsoever.

Well, the Academy loves Thomas Newman, so it's got that going for it. I guess they might prefer Finding Dory though -- I still haven't seen that but I've heard great things about the score. And competition overall seems stiff this year. I've got my fingers crossed for this score, though. I feel like I should be listening to Christmas music but I can't turn this off :sweat:

• Like 1

Just came back from my 7 PM showing here ( about 75% full ) and guess what?!! I totally love it !!! The chemistry between Pratt and Lawrence works for me especially at the end of the movie . the humor even if it's not too funny but enough make me laugh a little bit. The audience at my screening seems to enjoy it too.

I don't know why I love it... Maybe because I had a low expectations before I saw it given that low RT score and bad reviews out there! But I think critics is wrong with this one! I don't think it deserves that 30% RT! But the most important thing from a movie is the audiences and if they enjoy it then no matter how bad the reviews out there , they won't have any affect.

Keep it going Pratt and J-Law!!! [emoji86][emoji86][emoji86][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

• Like 7