A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

5 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

There's three dots (more) next to the retweet, like and reply options below each tweet.

If you click that you get an embed option on the drop down menu. Just copy that code and paste it as text (remember to turn your post into source code first by clicking "Source" on the top left).

Thank you!  That will come in handy!

" “DD3/Digital Domain already has captured data of an Academy Award-winning actress for a $120 million motion picture,” Digital Domain’s lawyers wrote. “The movie release date is December 2016"

They might as well just name the film lol!

That article is from over a month ago. We've discussed this when it first came out.

There are more recent developments that indicate it should not hold the movie back (allegedly).

at this point though, I'd rather believe the issue is this than anything else.

3 hours ago, trifle said:

I think they should have had it in November to begin with, but I think that ship has sailed.   I think Sony will bring it out on schedule and will have just royally dropped the ball in marketing.

Lol, no. November is full of big movies. Dr. Strange, Fantastic Beasts, Moana. Which weekend would be ideal in your opinion? I don't see any. October would've been better (the Gravity spot) but yeah they're lucky if they can release in December. They'll probably move it now to 2017.

36 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

That article is from over a month ago. We've discussed this when it first came out.

There are more recent developments that indicate it should not hold the movie back (allegedly).

at this point though, I'd rather believe the issue is this than anything else.

Yes, but it's clearly still in play. The case is actually very delicate and extends beyond US borders apparently, so I don't think it's going to get go away anytime soon and clearly, the lack of trailer footage thus far would indicate that is the case.

51 minutes ago, m3racer123 said:

" “DD3/Digital Domain already has captured data of an Academy Award-winning actress for a $120 million motion picture,” Digital Domain’s lawyers wrote. “The movie release date is December 2016"

They might as well just name the film lol!

I know right? They have to remain coy though. Lawyers like to keep things as vague as possible when it comes to identities. They were trying to get the judge to budge.

41 minutes ago, comicbookguy said:

Yes, but it's clearly still in play. The case is actually very delicate and extends beyond US borders apparently, so I don't think it's going to get go away anytime soon and clearly, the lack of trailer footage thus far would indicate that is the case.

I know right? They have to remain coy though. Lawyers like to keep things as vague as possible when it comes to identities. They were trying to get the judge to budge.

Sony later said they were not going to use that VHX house for their effects, and the release date wouldn't be impacted.  Apparently the facial capture itself had all been delivered to Sony.

But we'll see.

7 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

y'all.... sony is worse than lionsgate.... how the hell r u gonna have a movie coming out in december and you haven't promoted anything about it besides the title and its august..

tumblr_ob0o53Mv151qfh70bo4_250.gif

You mean like how avatar waited until less than 4 months before release to show a teaser and became the highest grossing movie of all time?

• Like 3