kayumanggi

DHD Saturday 11/19/11 TTS: BD l 42.0 M / HF ll 9.6 M

WOW you guys overreact. I didn't say it was underwhelming, I said it was boring because it is so predictable. I don't care if Twilight succeeds or not, I've enjoyed all the films so far and am expecting the same from BD1.I understand DH1 is the more valid comparison BO wise but if you look at the context of the conversation I was pointing out that BOT would be a lot more active if once again Twilight managed to suprise and beat out Potter...You guys seem to want Potter fans to start a war out of boredom, you are overanalysing every post that some one who liked Potter has made. No one is downplaying anything.

Indeed. I don't want to downplay Twilight and I don't want to wish it bad fortune at the box office but it's a dull number because it's exactly the same as New Moon's OW. Not every big number is exciting. I find Happy Feet underperforming way more interesting.

Edited by CoolioD1

I have no idea how I think WOM will work for this. It's a very weird film. Not as easy a sell as Eclipse was, but not as boring as NM was either. I could see people being turned off by the creepiness of it all or I could see the curiosity factor coming into play. Both scenarios are plausible. My gut is telling me that $42 million figure is going to go down and that the final OW number will be more like $135 million and that this won't come close to $300 mill. But my gut was also telling me that this would land in the $115 million range this weekend so it's obviously not very reliable.

Know what you mean... I Think it over performed..

We get it, TOLDJA. You hate Relativity Media. Although there's an argument to be made this is Ang Lee's Hulk 2.0 reception wise (Strong opening, toxic word-of-mouth, huge drop, ultimately deemed a flop) to say Immortals' opening day was considered weak is 100% Grade-A Internet bullshit. Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 1

I have no idea how I think WOM will work for this. It's a very weird film. Not as easy a sell as Eclipse was, but not as boring as NM was either. I could see people being turned off by the creepiness of it all or I could see the curiosity factor coming into play. Both scenarios are plausible. My gut is telling me that $42 million figure is going to go down and that the final OW number will be more like $135 million and that this won't come close to $300 mill. But my gut was also telling me that this would land in the $115 million range this weekend so it's obviously not very reliable.

I'm amazed at the number of people who don't like the franchise but were dragged to BD like the others and actually liked this more than Eclipse. If Eclipse had decent legs, then there's no reason for BD not to.

Does anyone notice her Friday estimate for Puss? She says 2.5M when the official estimate is 3.4M.Not to mention, some of those estimates for the weekend feel off based on those Saturday estimates.

I noticed that. I'm not sure what to make of it. Looks like she's off on Puss, I think it will be higher. I don't think it will be affected by HF2 as much as she apparently thinks.

We get it, TOLDJA. You hate Relativity Media. Although there's an argument to be made this is Ang Lee's Hulk 2.0 reception wise (Strong opening, toxic word-of-mouth, huge drop, ultimately deemed a flop) to say Immortals' opening day was considered weak is 100% Grade-A Internet bullshit.

I don't see any possibility that Immortals will be deemed a flop, except perhaps in the biased eyes of Nikki. It is locked to come close to matching its budget domestically, and doubling it internationally- in fact, it may well triple the budget worldwide. I have no idea why Nikki is against this movie- I assume it is a grudge against Relativity. Or she could share the pervasive Internet bias against period movies.