kayumanggi

DHD Saturday 11/19/11 TTS: BD l 42.0 M / HF ll 9.6 M

That is a fantastic Saturday number :blink:I was expecting a bit under 40M. It may outgross New Moon and Eclipse now :blink: :blink: And I still can't believe this is outgrossing DH1.

Edited by CJohn

That is a fantastic Saturday number :blink:I was expecting a bit under 40M. It may outgross New Moon and Eclipse now :blink: :blink: And I still can't believe this is outgrossing DH1.

Its a monster compared to the slumb were in these days..

3. Immortals (Relativity) Week 2 [3,120 Theaters]

Friday $3.8M, Saturday $5.2M, Weekend $12.5M (-61%), Cume $53.3M

That’s an unfortunate drop for a 300-clone that underperformed last Friday. Immortals is not the Hail Mary that Relativity hoped it would be.

...no comment...
  • Like 1

Yeh it would be livelier. If DH2 had opened to 145m and grossed 300-320m domestic it would have given one side something to defend. Potter is leaving us with a big hole in BO discussion.

Yeh it would be livelier. If DH2 had opened to 145m and grossed 300-320m domestic it would have given one side something to defend. Potter is leaving us with a big hole in BO discussion.

Why are you comparing BD1 to DH2 and not DH1?

If there's a TWILIGHT film that should have been a victim of "I'm tired of these films" syndrome, it's this. But apparently, the fans remained. No reason for them to abandon the finale.

I`m sorry but it`s non-fans who are tired which is why boxoffice for this, POTC:OST, HP, PA, Saw always "surprised".

I guess any figure that is expected is a bit boring...but come on guys, its 140M opening! Those don't happen every day, lets just enjoy it for what it is ;)

Very well said. I am not surprised at the negative response to the OW because of certain fanbase who shall remain nameless. Edited by druv10

It's pretty funny to watch.

I remember when Pointman tried to run on their parade and he was lambasted. I am not even a twilight fan but just a fan big box office and you can see the vitriol in their posts. Pathetic if you ask me.

I'm loving how early people are showing up for BD at my local good theatre, 45 mins before showtime they started showing up (15 mins ago). Did seem like I got a few funny looks sitting on my own in the lobby. Then again it's a guy going on his own to a girl skewing film or a guy going on his own to a family christmas film. No win scenario tbh.

Edited by Schumacher FTW