Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

• Founder / Operator

So.....1. Will IM3 open higher than TDKR?2. Will IM3 open higher than DH2?Post your fucking opinions. Those who get both right will get hypothetical cookies.

1. Undecided, I'm 50/50 on it.

2. No

99% sold out is still good.

99%, yes. 70% for a primetime show, though?

That number is 83.42% of TA's midnight opening. If you apply that to the entire weekend, you get $173m. If you account for a boost from the 9 PM shows, you probably end up somewhere in the 160's. I'm thinking the range is $165-175m, which is awesome.

But every Marvel film outside of Avengers has seen its midnight share of OD be significantly smaller than Avengers' (~23%), at around 15%.  I don't think it'll hit the exact middle, but I don't think its going to follow Avengers either.

But every Marvel film outside of Avengers has seen its midnight share of OD be significantly smaller than Avengers' (~23%), at around 15%.  I don't think it'll hit the exact middle, but I don't think its going to follow Avengers either.

That would be offset by the advantage of having 9 PM shows, wouldn't you agree? 170-175 seems like a pretty good extrapolation.

Any sellout reports anywhere? I'm a bit surprised that even IMAX hasn't sold out a single show here.

I had 3 counted Friday sellouts yesterday afternoon, and haven't done one since then, but I'll do a quick scan now.  The caveat is that this by far the most showtimes I've ever counted, by a margin.  

• Like 3

That would be offset by the advantage of having 9 PM shows, wouldn't you agree? 170-175 seems like a pretty good extrapolation.

Yes, but without knowing how the Previews breakdown, we can only guess by how much.  But yeah, I think you're on the money

• Like 1

Well in comparing to IM2

Im3 has two of the evening shows pretty much sold out and its not night yet.

Im2 did not sell out any shows...

However I am in Canada...a strange and mysterious land...

Sorry but Canada is not that big. It will probably be 5-6% of overall domestic. Probably NY state is lot bigger :P

Day time shows went about 40-50% full here...

Anyways TA was on 4-5 screens, IM3 is on 5-6 screens at big theaters around me and its a shorter film.

Lets see what the night brings...

Also resevered seating really messes things up in comparison to the past...

There are alot more reserved seating shows here in Canada then compared to past openers and they are mostly full for the evening, but why would anyone buy tickets if they know they have sit up front right? Thus they rarely sell out.

Like last night all the 8 midnight reserved seating shows went like 99% sold... IN the past they would have sold out as you would have no idea.

So.....1. Will IM3 open higher than TDKR?2. Will IM3 open higher than DH2?Post your fucking opinions. Those who get both right will get hypothetical cookies.

1. Yeah...Sadly.

2. No way

Sorry but Canada is not that big. It will probably be 5-6% of overall domestic. Probably NY state is lot bigger :P

hey lest not forget TA opening weekend ^^^ I served a lot of crow on the world of kj forums that weekend with people dimissing my theater reports...