Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

You misread what I wrote entirely, then. I didn't say "the entire board," I said the "haters and various nattering nabobs." What part of what I said implies "entire?"

What is the point of even bringing up a few idiots out of hundreds on the board? Just ignore them.

I'm still wondering how the competition will effect all movies this summer. It's just way too crowded for normal summer legs. I think we shall see, regardless of WOM, a lot of films under a 2.5 multiplier and many near 2, if not under a 2.

That's a distinct possibility, especially with some of the films later in the month. At least IM3 has an extra weekend to breath, more or less. Not that I think Gatsby will bomb or flop or even fizzle, but I see it as more counter programming as opposed to direct competition for IM3.

• Like 3

That's a distinct possibility, especially with some of the films later in the month. At least IM3 has an extra weekend to breath, more or less. Not that I think Gatsby will bomb or flop or even fizzle, but I see it as more counter programming as opposed to direct competition for IM3.

Ordinarily I'd be in the same boat as you, but I'm hearing a lot of buzz from the younger demographic looking forward to TGG. And twitter is consistently strong, I think a 50m opening is possible for it and I think IM3 no longer has a week to breathe as I thought back in the spring.

I think we all got it wrong Ed.

I just checked, and a bunch of people actually did put down "yes" for that question. I stopped counting after 6 people, but there were more than that.

For the record, I put "no", but she clearly said it, so the "yes" voters should win.

I just checked, and a bunch of people actually did put down "yes" for that question. I stopped counting after 6 people, but there were more than that.

For the record, I put "no", but she clearly said it, so the "yes" voters should win.

How pedantic do we want to be? We're supposed to be precise and accurate with our number predictions. "Not a record" is not the same phrase as "not record-breaking". Yes, it's the same gist, but my understanding was the question was about that specific phrase, since it's so historic here.

How pedantic do we want to be? We're supposed to be precise and accurate with our number predictions. "Not a record" is not the same phrase as "not record-breaking". Yes, it's the same gist, but my understanding was the question was about that specific phrase, since it's so historic here.

Squirm, squirm, and squirm some more. :P

• Like 1

How about we just give everyone points and sing kumbaya around the campfire? :)