Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

in my estimation:68.560.3 (-12%)41 (-32%)169.5That's enormous. :o

That's too big of a Sat increase over Fri I think (FriDAY of $52.9m I mean). Edited by FTF

In all honesty, who actually cares if it's at 68.5 or 70.2M on Friday?

It's going to make over $1B worldwide. Surely that and that alone should be the big talking point. Domestic box office is not the end all it once was.

• Like 1

In all honesty, who actually cares if it's at 68.5 or 70.2M on Friday?

It's going to make over $1B worldwide. Surely that and that alone should be the big talking point. Domestic box office is not the end all it once was.

Huh, a British person telling Americans that our market isn't the one we should focus on. That's funny. :P

That's too big of a Sat increase over Fri I think (FriDAY of $52.9m I mean).

I have it dropping 12% today.  I think that's pretty fair, maybe a bit optimistic.

Basically, estimates are made by extrapolating the first figures from the east coast, hence the 58m number then west coast was way bigger than east coast hence the 68,5 figure.

Would that be an accurate report of the events from last night ?

Very happy with 68.5M OD. It's tied with Eclipse for 8th biggest day of all-time.  :wub: 68.5M58M44M 170.5M OW

It's quite frightening to think that such a huge day could have 7 movies that have opened bigger :S

I have it dropping 12% today. I think that's pretty fair, maybe a bit optimistic.

That's a better % hold than TA, which I can't see happening. If going off $68.5, I think it'll have a 20% or so drop today.

in my estimation:68.560.3 (-12%)41 (-32%)169.5That's enormous. :o

I'm thinking 57-58m Saturday. 60.3 would be 14% jump over Fri sans midnights.Agree with Sunday number though.

Great read! Loved the melt downs and people's defense of a $145-$155m OW (which would still be great).Looking at a fantastic showdown between DH2 and IM3. Bet you that the estimates will be around $170 so the media has 2nd biggest opening ever as their headline!

• Like 2

That's a better % hold than TA, which I can't see happening. If going off $68.5, I think it'll have a 20% or so drop today.

I'm thinking 57-58m Saturday. 60.3 would be 14% jump over Fri sans midnights.Agree with Sunday number though.

Hmmm..well, 12-15% drop then....

Basically, estimates are made by extrapolating the first figures from the east coast, hence the 58m number then west coast was way bigger than east coast hence the 68,5 figure.

Would that be an accurate report of the events from last night ?

Yes. And usually big explosiony action movies play stronger on the West Coast, whereas YA adaptations perform better on the East Coast. Which is why they've underestimated stuff like TF3/TA/IM3/etc by so much and overestimated stuff like DH2/THG/etc by so much

You'd think eventually they'd factor this in, but they're probably afraid to stick their necks out

• Like 1

Great read! Loved the melt downs and people's defense of a $145-$155m OW (which would still be great).Looking at a fantastic showdown between DH2 and IM3. Bet you that the estimates will be around $170 so the media has 2nd biggest opening ever as their headline!

I bet IM3 has better drops than DH2.