Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Fast forward 1 year to 2013 and west coast delivers yet again! Maybe actuals on monday could be closer to 70M? IIRC actuals for TA went up by about 3M: 204M->207M

Fast forward 1 year to 2013 and west coast delivers yet again! Maybe actuals on monday could be closer to 70M? IIRC actuals for TA went up by about 3M: 204M->207M

They also went down 5m for IM2.  :rofl:

• Like 1

I'm rooting for PR because we could really use the START of a franchise this summer (particularly one helmed by Del Toro) and not a bunch of franchise continuations. I think there's a cap to how much it can do (200+ sounds crazy to me) but 500m WW can certainly fall.

I don't see why it has a lower cap than Inception.I'm pretty confident in 300m DOM/1B WW. There is no cap IMO. Only requirement is that it has to be a good movie.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

So, ShawnMR, what would you give IM3? A, B, C?

Initially... B. Maybe B+.

I don't think he needed to say it, seemed like an as you know scene by then.Sorry Shawn.

For what?

Estimates for Avengers was 200.3m.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I don't see why it has a lower cap than Inception.I'm pretty confident in 300m DOM/1B WW. There is no cap IMO. Only requirement is that it has to be a good movie.

I'm not on the $300m train (yet), but I do agree with the sentiment here. With potential kiddie appeal, 3D, and the original concept (let's not underestimate this in an era filled to the brim with sequels), I think PR has a very wide range.

I don't think he needed to say it, seemed like an as you know scene by then.

Sorry Shawn.

No doubt but when he's burning like lava at the end, he screams I'm the Mandarin. To me this is a new take on Mandarin by Marvel, which I'm very happy with.  :D  :D  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Killian was Fing Fang Foom because he breathed fire and had dragon tattoos, Ben Kingsley was playing the double bluff, which will be revealed in Iron Man 4.

:lol:

:rofl:

But it could be true....

Nah! That's just crazy talk.  :excited:

• Founder / Operator

Nolan. Nolan. Chris Chris. Nolan. Nolan. Chris Chris.

Much as I agree Del Toro hasn't proven his ability to cater to a big audience yet (Nolan already had before Inception), I do think the potential is there. PR is still a little niche, but far less niche than anything he's done so far.

I'll panic if WB doesn't release a new PR trailer by Memorial Day weekend. Until then, I think they're in a good position: let the big boys have their time to shine, and then swoop in with something entire differently than what we've seen this year.If they make a hard push now, they not only risk over-spending on marketing, they'll get overshadowed by Trek/Fast/Hangover/Man of Steel/MU/DM2.

I agree 110%.BTW what are you predicting right now? Not your 'conservative' official prediction, but what 'something inside you' is telling you? :)
  • Like 1

Nolan. Nolan. Chris Chris. Nolan. Nolan. Chris Chris.

Nolan took a huge shit one time. It was called The Prestige and it was still a good movie.

Just look at the other records, Potter is the only British-based franchise that's on it. You can hate on him all you want, but it doesn't phase me. He's proven how powerful he is worldwide. 

No doubt but when he's burning like lava at the end, he screams I'm the Mandarin. To me this is new take on Mandarin by Marvel, which very happy with. 

:D  :D  :D

Well when you put it that way, that he was so desperate to make Tony understand that he was the Mandarin even though it was obvious, it is hilariously desperate.