Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

500M is on the table people.  3D Marvel films now rule the box office....just a fact of life I'm afraid!

That was some of are IM2 predicts, just 3 years to soon.

So about 85% of TA. I predicted 80%, so that's just an awesome hold. Very representative of how much TA's performance was due to IM...and more specifically RDJ as IM. He deserves every penny he makes.

Heh I upped OW prediction to 80% of TA.  This news just gets better and better.  The Sunday hold looks conservative given how good the number is for Saturday.  I know its a little early to say how what WOM truly is but I'd expect if WOM was mixed to bad the drops would be steeper.  It looks to be a good sign overall.

I can't wait to see all the butthurt as it approaches TDKR. The tears.  They will be delicious.

Yes because there's no "ifs or buts" when it comes to TDKR's gross.

Not sure. Hawkeye was in the first one. But he didn't do much. If you blink you'll miss his part. Hawkeye gets no love.

Except on tumblr, where the shipping with Tasha is all the rage lol.

So I saw Iron Man 3 last night and OMG it was like the greatest film ever!  Like when Robert Downey Jr made that one joke about being rich and famous....hahah so funny!! I was dying!  And when that one thing exlpoded at the end of the movie....wow, totally did not see that one coming.  Such a visual masterpiece! Ah, loved it so much, it was like better than The Avengers which has to be  one of the best movies ever!!

It deserves the Oscar for best visual effects so bad, so many explosions, so much fire, so many flying armors exploding things and bad guys spitting fire and missiles being launched and exploding in fire and fire explosions and such things like flames and bombs, oh boy.

Edited by JohnnY
  • Like 1

I think the better achievement out of all this is if the Iron Man trilogy becomes the highest grossing trilogy domestically. Which is has a really good chance I think.TDK trilogy - 1,148,476,392

I can't wait to see all the butthurt as it approaches TDKR. The tears.  They will be delicious.

If it does great if it doesn't both films have nothing to be ashamed of
  • Like 2

I tend to think Disney is under-estimating Sunday a bit, but one thing to remember is that it's Cinco De Mayo today, which could limit grosses slightly (relatively speaking obviously).  Last year Cinco De Mayo fell on Saturday for The Avengers.  Way back in 2002 when the calendar lined up the same way, Spider-Man 1 fell 27 percent on Sunday, so Disney may be looking heavily at that this morning.

• Like 4