Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I think some people are going to be surprised @ just how big Thor 2 is gonna get. It's certainly gonna get a bigger Avengers boost than Cap bcos of how crazy many have gotten for Thorki.

• Like 2

I think some people are going to be surprised @ just how big Thor 2 is gonna get. It's certainly gonna get a bigger Avengers boost than Cap bcos of how crazy many have gotten for Thorki.

They're both gonna get similar increases domestically I think, but Thor 2 is gonna be much bigger WW because it has so much more overseas potential

• Like 1

Summer is here but, besides IM3, there isn't any 150+m OW week end in sight, right ???

The last big splash of 2013 will be in late November with a bird.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Summer is here but, besides IM3, there isn't any 150+m OW week end in sight, right ???

Not really, something would have to really surprise

They're both gonna get similar increases domestically I think, but Thor 2 is gonna be much bigger WW because it has so much more overseas potential

Probably more visually striking, at least if the first movies are any indication. From what I've seen of the first 45 minutes in Thor, it has better visuals than any of the other Marvel films. I enjoyed the 40's retro feel in Captain America, but that probably doesn't sell very well to overseas audiences.

lolz

Has Thorki mania really crawled out beyond the the depth of Tumblr or is it just a few thousand pervs on the internet pushing that agenda?

How will "Dat Avengers effect" work it's magic on Thor 2? 280m is what I'm thinking now. Too high?

300M/ 550M/ 850M for Thor:TDW. Thats the Avengers effect.  :D  :D  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

Probably more visually striking, at least if the first movies are any indication. From what I've seen of the first 45 minutes in Thor, it has better visuals than any of the other Marvel films. I enjoyed the 40's retro feel in Captain America, but that probably doesn't sell very well to overseas audiences.

Also, Thor features the best score of any Marvel Studios film by FAR.

• Like 3

Also, Thor features the best score of any Marvel Studios film by FAR.

I actually think the Iron Man 3 score is up there

Thor's theme was fantastic though, really sad it wasn't in Avengers