Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Since I'm no way in hell reading 150+ pages, especially for a superhero movie, will anyone summarize for me just how much IM3 flopped? I'm saying FLOPPED, cause this Friday number is obviously not getting it over 150m OW.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll do worse than IM2's multiplier, even with all the competition. The virtue of it being a lot funnier is going to go a ways with audiences, IMO. Star Trek is seeming like weaker competition the closer we get to its release date, too.

It'll still open to near 100M

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Yup. Tricky thing for IM3 is competition. It's much tougher over the next month and a half than it was in 2010 for IM2.

The one advantage I'm giving IM3 is that there's no major kiddie animated franchise opening during it's run. IM2 faced Shrek (a weakened Shrek, but a well-received Shrek nonetheless). IM3 has Epic...one week later than Shrek.

At this point, the family market is Trek's to lose. And if it does, it'll lose badly.

400m can still happen IMO. I honestly have no idea what the WOM for this thing is. I know it's not as bad as SM3 or IM2 so legs should be better than those films unless competition in the coming weeks just kills it. Keep in mind that SM3's adjusted OW/Total is 174m/388m and SM3 faced off against Shrek and Pirates in the same month so competition was comparable.

Since I'm no way in hell reading 150+ pages, especially for a superhero movie, will anyone summarize for me just how much IM3 flopped? I'm saying FLOPPED, cause this Friday number is obviously not getting it over 150m OW.

Thanks.

It'll get over 150. In my estimation:

68 mill

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Thanks.

Oh, dear.

• Like 4

Thanks.

You don't think it will get to 150m off that Friday number?

Thanks.

Is it not? Oh no!

It's sad that my IM3 showing had most of the trailers that almost everyone else would have wanted (except for MOS, I didn't get that one), but not the ones that I wanted (except for the Lone Ranger....I did want that one). I would have liked Thor: TDW and MU. Instead, I saw trailers for:

-a long sneak peak for The Great Gatsby

- After Earth

-The Lone Ranger

-The Hangover III

-Fast and Furious 6

-Star Trek: Into Darkness

-The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Atleast they gave me The Lone Ranger trailer, and didn't give me MOS.

Edited by Walt Disney

• Founder / Operator

He hasn't gotten his sacrifice?

Posted Image

COME RTH! COME! *INSERT LOUD OMINOUS DRUMS*

Technically, Rentrak would be the one to send the sacrifice to since that's where Rth works. That's one of a few companies that theaters report live box office data to. Let's hope they don't find out his identity...

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2