Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I know it's early, but basically a worse case scenario is $60m OD/$155m OW...?I'm happy with that. Well, more than happy with that.

Worst case is probably $150m if it makes $60m for the day. IM2 had a 2.5 multiplier from its opening day. So if you figure IM2's internal multiplier is the worst case scenario, then that would be $60m x 2.5 for $150m. Pretty great spot to be in if you are Marvel/Disney.

Edited by redfirebird2008

There's bunch of numbers but they aren't much more than guesses right now, Some educated, some less educated

BTC said 12.35 matinees a few hours ago, so we can say its made 28m for sure so far today as of 3 pm EST.

$60M would only be disappointing on this forum.

It would be disappointing, that this would mean it wouldn't have a larger audience than "Iron Man 2", while all over the world "Iron Man 3" is increasing admissions.

But I really can't see it staying that "low", it will open bigger, im pretty sure about that.

Worst case is probably $150m if it makes $60m for the day. IM2 had a 2.5 multiplier from its opening day. So if you figure IM2's internal multiplier is the worst case scenario, then that would be $60m x 2.5 for $150m. Pretty great spot to be in if you are Marvel/Disney.

Pretty good for me, too. My prediction is a $149m OW :)
  • Like 1

500 seat 740 show sold out at my theater :)

2 sellouts

I am leaving for my B-day party so I am not doing my sellout counts. 

happy birthday!

• Like 1