Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Based on what?? A movie in it's 3rd outing grossing 60M in 1 day??? That's not a spiral downward, that's just awesome..

You didn't see my post earlier. I was talking about expectations. They start out level then they go sky high and people get disappointed and expectations then go rock bottom and then they start to rise on Saturday and eventually wind up exactly where they were before OW. It's a fantastic gross for sure. Edited by Mattrek
  • Like 1

There is nothing in the ballpark defintion of disappointing about that.. That's tremendous..

Well you were predicting 185-200mil OW. So it would be kinda dissapointing.

I think it will land around 66mill Friday at least.

Edited by Omario

It needs to bomb or explode.  Landing right in the middle of general expectations is boring.

I just realized that both are literally the same thing but carry opposing connotations. 

• Like 1

BTC's 5 PM Update:

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=231685

Current Matinee gross 17.58mfor comparison, other movies at the same point on their opening Fridays...46% above IRNM2279% above IRNM1-20% below AVNGR-22% below TDKRThat matinee number (my gut tells me) does not include midnight shows (otherwise it would be way way to low to be on track for a 70m dollar day).

Running 20% behind Avengers. That would give it a $65m day.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1