Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/3-5/5

So I posted theatre results and look what happens,so off topic not funny  back on track guys lol

this should do it

Monday  IM3 11.1, P&G 640k, ob, 470, 42 430k

Found it....ok, thanks

IM2 fell 69%

Avengers 66%

Nothing to panic about but that's a big drop for IM3.  That's like an animated movie May drop.

So, is IM3 acting like a family movie? I mean, it had a big Sat number followed by a big Monday drop. Well, it's not that big actually. I just hoped for a softer drop. I guess we'll know that this Fri & Sat.

So, is IM3 acting like a family movie? I mean, it had a big Sat number followed by a big Monday drop. Well, it's not that big actually. I just hoped for a softer drop. I guess we'll know that this Fri & Sat.

It's one of the biggest May Monday drops for a non animated film.

• Like 1

Films opening in that slot for the last ten years:

X2:  -70%

Van Helsing:  -68%

Sith (two weeks later of course) -58%

MI3:  -72%

Spiderman 3:  -75% (WOM was terrible after first weekend...hmmm....trend?)

Iron Man 73%- not far from IM3....maybe these films just pander to families more than we know

Wolverine:  -74%...terrible WOM

IM2:  -70%

Fast Five:  -71%

Avengers:  -68%

The Saturday drop was great minus previews.  But the Sun and now Mon Drops are concerning.  Clearly hugely frontloaded.  I'm tracking it closely with Iron Man 2 right now.  Which also fell 69% for monday. 

Spiderman 3:  -75% (WOM was terrible after first weekend...hmmm....trend?)

Both SM3 and IM3 are 74.2% drops if Rth's number turns out to be spot on. Hopefully Rth's number is quite a bit under the actual, like it was for Sunday (he said $42m, actual was $43m).

Edited by redfirebird2008

lol Oh I see now. Monday number comes in low, world ends, etc. Today there will be a bump and people will be saying 450m.

If it increased today that would be a miracle.  Avengers, IM2 and even FF all decreased on their first Tuesday.  Maybe the best case scenario would be to have it drop by 1-3% today.

If it increased today that would be a miracle.  Avengers, IM2 and even FF all decreased on their first Tuesday.  Maybe the best case scenario would be to have it drop by 1-3% today.

Maybe it's a wee bit of a trade off? The fact that it dropped a bit steeper than those means it could increase a bit today?

Also, I keep forgetting when theaters started doing Discount Tuesdays. When did that start?

Edited by Jay Beezy