Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

TLK    2,130

After more of my attempt to persuade him to let things die down–he made a mission movie in Inglourious Basterds and a Western-style film in Django Unchained, so who wouldn’t want to see him tackle a true ensemble Western?–Tarantino allowed that “I could totally change my mind, I own the fucking thing. But I can tell you, it’s not going to be the next thing I do. It’s my baby, and if the muse calls me later to do it, we’ll do it. I was thinking about the idea of maybe publishing it before I made it, but now that deal happens for sure, and I’m not doing it next.”

The other script was one he had on his mind lately, so it might not take that long. “The idea was, I was going to write two scripts,” he said. “I wasn’t going to shoot the Western until next winter, and I have been full of piss and vinegar about the other one. So now I’ll do that one.”

He hopes that this might cause reps and actors to be more discreet. When I broke news of the script’s title, I said I’d heard that the actors it went included Dern, and Christoph Waltz. I was wrong about the latter. Instead it was Madsen, star of Reservoir Dogs and the Kill Bill films, and Pulp Fiction star Roth.

“I hadn’t given it to Christoph, I haven’t given it to Sam Jackson,” he said. “I gave it to three motherfucking actors. We met in a place and I put it in their hands. Reggie Hudlin’s agent never had a copy. It’s got to be either the agents of Dern or Madsen. Please name names.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

TLK    2,130

Honestly I don't think he had any intention of making this movie. Why would he go to actors first instead of producers ?

• Like 1

rockNrollaDIM    9,419

Good. I wasn't crazy about Django and don't want him to waste his time on another western. I'd love to see Tarantino riff on the modern spy genre or *gasp* a superhero movie.

rockNrollaDIM    9,419

LOL I am just reading his quotes. Is he asking the public to out the source? And it might be a famous actor? Quentin is DEFINITELY doing a spy movie! This has all got to be a viral marketing campaign.

Ozymandias    16,261

Lol, so does anyone got the script?

Good. I wasn't crazy about Django and don't want him to waste his time on another western. I'd love to see Tarantino riff on the modern spy genre or *gasp* a superhero movie.

Maybe he should do a twist on Batman

Bruce:  Yo Alfred, get me my uniform, the poh-lice just spotted the Joker, they say he be wreaking havoc and shit.

Alfred:  Ok, which one?

Bruce: The one that says bad motherfucker on it.

• Like 2

rockNrollaDIM    9,419

Lol, so does anyone got the script?Maybe he should do a twist on BatmanBruce: Yo Alfred, get me my uniform, the poh-lice just spotted the Joker, they say he be wreaking havoc and shit.Alfred: Ok, which one?Bruce: The one that says bad motherfucker on it.

Bruce = SLJ? :D

The Stingray    14,640

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler agents...

Edited by The Abominable Stingray

Hatebox    7,405

Seems a bit melodramatic - wasn't the Django script leaked before production?

Anyway, can't say I was desperate to see another Tarantino Western.

• Like 1

Emperor Tele-Limai    127,534

Please don't link to pirated or leaked material.

In terms of QT's mindset about the leak, here's a very insightful piece from Grantland (by someone who's met QT and was pitched an early draft of KILL BILL):

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/me-qt-whats-behind-tarantino-ditching-his-leaked-hateful-eight-script/

• Like 1