grim22

Monday #s: HF 1.86M, R1 1.75M, LLL 1.71M

Wow, MASSIVE drop for R1. I was thinking a little over $3M. Yikes, looks like this thing is going to slow right down. Its pace should start regressing back closer to The Dark Knight by the looks of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Wow, MASSIVE drop for R1. I was thinking a little over $3M. Yikes, looks like this thing is going to slow right down. Its pace should start regressing back closer to The Dark Knight by the looks of it.

Not surprised. School is back everywhere. Will lead to real good jumps today though.

• Like 3

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Not surprised. School is back everywhere. Will lead to real good jumps today though.

Yeah, but even taking that into account this is a big drop. Just wasn't expecting it. Hopefully you're right about the good jumps today.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, but even taking that into account this is a big drop. Just wasn't expecting it. Hopefully you're right about the good jumps today.

Go take a look at the drops from Sunday to Monday for January 9 from 2011.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Why did you expect over $3 million? That was TFA's gross on the same Monday last year. But look at the difference in their Sunday gross:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=roguevforce.htm

TFA - $12.4m

RO  -  $6.4m

Considering TFA made $3.1m on Monday, the $1.75m number for Rogue One looks fine to me. Matter of fact, Rogue One's daily percentage drop is less severe than TFA's.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

This one feels more like a real episode than the Lucas prequels ever did.

I'm a fan of PT. They are not the best movies but they expand on mythology and universe building nicely. if anything, Rogue One introduced some interesting stuff but cut it down too soon (Guardians of the Whills). 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm a fan of PT. They are not the best movies but they expand on mythology and universe building nicely. if anything, Rogue One introduced some interesting stuff but cut it down too soon (Guardians of the Whills). 

I have a slight feeling we'll see Guardians of the Whills again. We don't need everything only in one movie.

• Like 2