grim22

BOF's top 25 movies of 2014. Full list Page 5. The forum worships at the altar of Nolan.

Hi All,

So I ran the top movies of 2013 last year, and it was a great time getting the lists and putting them together. The list for last year can be seen here: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/13710-best-movies-of-2013-results-link-in-first-post/

What is this list?

This list just attempts to collate and consolidate the top 15-25 (depending on responses) movies that box office forum members felt were the Best movies of 2014. Best is a relative term, someone may have loved Blended, while others may have hated it. This list attempts to get the consensus from the people who choose to participate.

What am i asking for from the forum members?

Not much, just send me your ranked list of best movies for the year by either PM or by posting in this thread. Any number of movies can be included in your list, but PLEASE RANK THE MOVIES.

How will this work?

I will take all responses received, and assign points to each position a movie is ranked at. The points will be distributed so that the top 3 movies in each list benefit more than lower ranked movies, and #1 benefits the most. This year I will also include the votes for the movies in the "Review The Movie" subforum as well and give them a small weight in determining the final list.

Cool, till when do I have time to submit my list?

I am aiming to have all responses in by January 30th. This gives people a month to catch up on movies they may have missed or are waiting for a movie to expand (Ex: "Foxcatcher"). If enough responses are received by January 30th, then I will collate, assign points, calculate everything in 3 days and have the reveal in the first week of February.

That is it. Nothing else is asked or demanded of you. Just send me your list of top movies of the year. Include reasons why you have ranked a movie as #1 or #2 or whatever if you feel like it and I will do the rest.

Please do let me know if you would be willing to send in a list.

Hoping for a good response.

Grim.

• Like 4

too bad I probably won't be able to see the movies I really want to before January. Like "Birdman" "Imitation Games" and "whiplash"  but I'll send what I have seen. going to see Hobbit tonight, we'll see if that makes the list.

Since this is only a top 25, I am only going to send in a top 25. It will make my list only filled with movies I truly really liked this year.

Damn, I think 25 covers all of the movies I've seen this year, let alone the truly good ones.  :lol:

I've seen 23 movies from 2014 so here they are, scored out of 5 stars (I don't do half-points):

23. Transformers: Age of Extinction (☆)

22. Lucy (☆)

21. The Imitation Game (☆)

20. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (☆)

19. The Other Woman (☆)

18. Godzilla (☆)

17. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (☆)

16. Need for Speed (☆)

15. Gone Girl (☆)

14. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (☆)

13. Dracula Untold (☆)

12. Noah (☆)

11. Night at the Museum 3 (☆)

10. 22 Jump Street (☆)

9. Exodus: Gods and Kings (☆)

8. Edge of Tomorrow (☆)

7. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (☆)

6. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (☆)

5. The Lego Movie (☆)

4. Interstellar (☆)

3. Guardians of the Galaxy (☆)

2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (☆)

1. Pride (☆)

• Like 3