Princess Mononoke  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Princess Mononoke

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I liked it, but not as much as "Chihiro" (Spirited Away). I thought it had some lengths and the end was a bit over-the-top for my taste - for me, a more quiet way of resolving matters would have worked better. But I very much liked the openness of the final farewell. Highly recommended!

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 1

10/10

Not usually a fan of animation at all, but I remember this being a weirdly strong and captivating movie for me.  I haven't seen it in like 10 years so my score my might change when I see it again.

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

One of the greatest animation films of all time. This film so serious that it is really for the adults. The story is too epic. Ths score is too beautiful. Personally I rate this high above everything else that Ghibli did.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

This movie came on the kids network about 10 years back and I was like 14 and I remember watching it and being drawn in by the grand story and the interesting character...

Apart from Dragon Ball Z and Sailor moon it was my first experience with a Japanese anime and I realized the film was a piece of art. 

I always re watch every 2-3 years now. 

I saw this today in my Japanese film / literature.I loved it!!! The film does a great job showing themes Shinto. The characters are brilliant each character has important characteristic. No character is absolute good or evil in the film. The score is great and beautiful animation.9/10.

more captivating than expected, despite the fairly simplistic presentation, with themes not going much beyond 'live at one with nature, kumbaya'. really quite similar to avatar, but without the caricatures and shitty dialogue.

B

Edited by lisa
  • Like 1