Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I love this film. I do skip some parts, but it has more heart than its predecessor and successor combined. The final battle is an extremely entertaining and thrilling sequence. My favorite moment in the entire is in this film, and that's when Davy Jones and Calypso are in the cellar and we finally see a glimpse of the man he was as she places her hand over his heart. It's a touching moment, and one that made me realize just how much better the series could have been had they actually spent more time with the script. Anyway, a great film, and the visuals are endlessly gorgeous, and the score is beautiful.

A-

I really cannot rate the sequels... the first as a standalone movie was the perfect Pirates movie, imho.

Everything that followed imho took away the fascination of CotBP. Pirates of the Carribean should never have become a franchise.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere

overall a good film. But what a let down for a finale. I thought i was going to see the most epic sea battle of all time instead we got a gigantic woman who has crabs

B-

Edited by Omario
  • Like 2

It's a real pity that the script is such a bloated mess. I'm sure any decent writer could have polished it to Dead Man's Chest results, which is, in my opinion, the apex of blockbuster filmmaking. 

I was playing around with Premiere the other day and everything after the "Up is Down" scene and before the arrival Shipwreck Cove could have been cut from the movie, hell, I removed 55 minutes of it and there wasn't any dramatic change in the overall story or major piece of info missing (that couldn't fit in the scenes that remained).

AWE is easily the weakest of the three, but it also has the best moments in the trilogy: the Singapore sequence is a blast; Elizabeth seeing her father in the dimension of the dead; the Maelstrom sequence is one the most memorable climaxes ever put on screen; Will and Elizabeth goodbye in the beach is defs emotional; the last 5 minutes inspire such a joyous state of mind, it's crazy.

75/100
Edited by Goffe
wrote a better version of the same review
  • Like 1

This movie had a very stupid script and it was like the first half of the movie was just made for no reason.

Nevertheless the Action in the 2nd half is the best in the series and quite enjoyable. 

The score is the highlight and the love story between Will and Elizabeth was quite Nice as shown by this scene.