baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

Forrest Gump is tied at #1 as my favorite of all time, but I can understand people liking Pulp more. It's a damn masterpiece.

Is this gonna be a meme in here or what?

"********* is No.1 of my fav of all time, but I can understand people like ****** more. It's a damn masterpiece."

Edited by vc2002

1994 was an epic year for movies. Imo Gump was a deserving winner of best picture. But if Pulp or Shawshank would have won i would have been happy.

• Like 1

Forrest Gump is really an interesting case. It's one of my fav of all time, but critics seem to not love it much. It got very average reviews on RT, and on MT the score wasn't really high either. Yet it was one of the few films that was extremely financially successful and won the Oscars for almost all major awards (BP, BD, Screenplay, Actor and Editing).

....and this is what's wrong about RT. it's terrible at capturing how pre-RT movies were reviewed. It did not get "average" reviews, critics were over the moon for it (by and large).
  • Like 5

Pulp Fiction was the best film of '94 IMO, but I understand why the Academy would choose a film like Forrest Gump over Pulp Fiction.

I get it, great film and huge commercial success. That being said, it wasnt even top two of the best picture nominees in 94 (Shawshank and Pulp Fiction are better IMO).
  • Like 1

There' s a bomb on this bus, if we slow down, it'll blow !!!

Speed is probably my most re-watchable movie of all time. Shrek, I Robot, and Rush Hour 2 are also movies I just can't get tired of.