baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

Stop generalizing BKB. There are plenty of Nolan fans on this website including myself who do not consider his films perfect. The highest rating I gave to any of his Batman films is a 8.5/10, which is pretty far from perfect when I've given 10/10's to films like The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, and many other classics.

This.

Hmmm....

So after 3 days of release, Iron Man 3 had the 2nd best start of all time (after The Avengers)

By Day 4 its dropped to #3 (behind The Avengers and DH2)

and, by day 5 its dropped all the way to #6 (behind TA, TDK, DH2, TF2 & TDKR)

Obviously this is the result of having no summer weekdays, but I do enjoy watching this slip nonetheless.....

Edited by Mr Potter
  • Like 1

TDK is a Masterpiece of major flaws and whatnot fueled on by 1 Man's untimely death in the form of Heath Ledger.. That bank robbery in the beginning was as hokey as they come, right down to backing a fucking school bus through the side of the bank and inside to load the $$$$ and no one the outside calls for Police much less hears anything going on.. So many people in this bank and no one uses there cell phone to call for help, especially when cell phones play a big part in this movie... All I can say, is that Nolan's dick must be awfully sore from the amount of fanboy lapping going on with this guy...

Everyt movie has flaws including MARVEL movies, but Nolan fans make his BATMAN Trilogy out to be like it's untouchable and that couldbn't be further from the truth..

Posted Image

Every movie has flaws only when you adopt an over the top nitpicking mentality and most people, including critics aren't like that.  Sorry kiddo old man, but in this particular case when you say The Dark Knight is a flawed film, you are in a very fringe minority.  And no, your Nolanite card doesn't fly with this one.

Edited by Shpongle

These? You can't make your own anymore though, obviously.http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=summerstartvs.htm

No, they weren't so much charts as lists. Was it Archangel? It'd be a color-coordinated list, saying something like: Day 3, IM3 explodes for $43m and a total of $174.1m; above it would be TA, and then literally dozens and dozens of other films, all with their day 3 grosses. You'd get a great sense of how a film was gaining or slipping ground -- you get some of that with the BOM showdowns, but it's not as immediate and you can only do a few movies.

No, they weren't so much charts as lists. Was it Archangel? It'd be a color-coordinated list, saying something like: Day 3, IM3 explodes for $43m and a total of $174.1m; above it would be TA, and then literally dozens and dozens of other films, all with their day 3 grosses. You'd get a great sense of how a film was gaining or slipping ground -- you get some of that with the BOM showdowns, but it's not as immediate and you can only do a few movies.

I don't remember those.

I remember that for Avatar.  Whoever it was, I think they did a day to day comparison with ROTK, right?

• Like 1

box-2005 on the BOM boards was the ultimate chart-maker. I think that's who you're talking about.

• Like 1

I remember that for Avatar. Whoever it was, I think they did a day to day comparison with ROTK, right?

It started with an "E" I remember him well, he came back for avatar and a bit after, but then he left again.

It started with an "E" I remember him well, he came back for avatar and a bit after, but then he left again.

His name was box-2005 on the BOM boards. Have no idea what his name was on here however. He's old school Mojo, like pre-October 2004 when the first mass exodus happened at that site.

Yea his name was like E1084 or something like that. Did those excellent charts with all the colors.