CJohn

Monday Numbers | The Great Gatsby - 4.4M | Iron Man 3 - 4.6M

It is an expected ouch drop. No?  :ph34r:

Yep, weekdays have been very weak and that leads to people expecting massive drop but when Friday/Saturday jumps come in we're back to normal Marvel run.  ;)  :lol:

Every time someone types STiD, I see STD.

Regarding IM3, I can't remember an uber-successful superhero film so disliked by fanboys.

SM3 sold a similar number of tickets to where IM3 will end up and I think the fanboys disliked SM3 a lot more than they are complaining about IM3.

Every time someone types STiD, I see STD.Regarding IM3, I can't remember an uber-successful superhero film so disliked by fanboys.

It's a good thing that hardcore fanboys don't over-populate the whole world then :lol: Otherwise, IM3 would be lucky to pass like 200M WW or something :lol: I wonder if the fact that IM3 will pass 1B this Thursday infuriate them to melt down, that would be hilarious to watch :P
  • Like 2

It's a good thing that hardcore fanboys don't over-populate the whole world then :lol: Otherwise, IM3 would be lucky to pass like 200M WW or something :lol: I wonder if the fact that IM3 will pass 1B this Thursday infuriate them to melt down, that would be hilarious to watch :P

I thought box office doesn't equate to quality?
  • Like 1

Every time someone types STiD, I see STD. Regarding IM3, I can't remember an uber-successful superhero film so disliked by fanboys.

Those with an axe to grind will usually be extremely vocal. It doesn't mean that their are no fanboys who support it, it's just being drowned out.

IM3 is the Batman Returns of the franchise. A director taking the characters and running away with it. One's enjoyment of either comes down to how much one enjoys each director's style.

Except IM3 isn't nearly as self-indulgent and unpleasant as Batman Returns

• Like 1

Those with an axe to grind will usually be extremely vocal. It doesn't mean that their are no fanboys who support it, it's just being drowned out.

Exactly...there are plenty of fanboys who enjoyed it. Those who didn't are just being very vocal about it. Its TDKR all over again

• Like 1

Exactly...there are plenty of fanboys who enjoyed it. Those who didn't are just being very vocal about it. Its TDKR all over again

Again stop assuming everyone who had problems with the movie are "fanboys". And I'm pretty sure TDKR got a better reception from fanboys the most

IM3 went from a serious movie to being a joke. Literally.

That's what Shane Black does. He hasn't made anything remotely serious since the 80's.

SM3 sold a similar number of tickets to where IM3 will end up and I think the fanboys disliked SM3 a lot more than they are complaining about IM3.

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten how reviled SM3 is...

There are people who are constantly just pointing to box office take when people say negative things about the film

I'm confused then, you're quoting me because?I just responded that if fanboys who hate the movie populate the Earth, IM3 wouldn't make as much money as it is doing right now. Again, where did I say anything about box office and quality? :)