CJohn

Monday Numbers | The Great Gatsby - 4.4M | Iron Man 3 - 4.6M

There's an incredible amount of fail in this post.. IM3 is a bonafide hit on it's way to TA2 in 2015 while DC is still struggling to put together a JUSTICE LEAGUE or WORLDS' FINEST movie... Ouch.. :stirthepot: 

he didnt mention anything about DC in his post. This is the reason people in the MOS get so defensive about the film because of people like you keep putting people down with your irrelevent posts.

Iron Man 3 may have been a huge hit overseas but it still couldnt contend with TDKR DOM even after having the 'Avengers effect' because face it, it just wasn't... that..... good. :flamewar:

Avengers didn't even face much competition at all.

It came out in the summer....there's always competition in the summer.

Wow, so close between the two. Nice increases for both, nothing big for IM3 but nice nonetheless.I can see TGG wins Wed.

Edited by Sam

Now all we need is the obligatory:Die IM3 DieIt's behaving like a family filmWait for the weekendSTiD will crush thisAnd of course Marvel/DC wars

I think we hit all this today. Did I miss anything? :lol: Edited by WileECoyote

Competition will get sick in about 10 days.  I Wonder how lethal FF6 will get...raping everyone in its way in every market it will be released.

By the time IM3 will have generated enough cash to be the least hurt, but those that have still enough steam in them like STID and mainly Hangover III (WTF were they thinking releasing that movie at the same time ? :blink: ) will endure collateral damages of epic proportions...

I wonder how severly it may hit them starting this coming weekend abroad.

I really think, this movie is a wild card and may become one of the highest gross of 2013.

Edited by Ent

Lol I think people are silly.. ST will be a big release but on Saturday and Sunday famalies will pick im3 to watch...So I think it will drop 50% this weekend but be over 335 million going into the weekend...About memorial day.... Spider Man 3 is the best model and that dropped around 35% on the 4 day facing pirates 3 and shrek 3...So I do agree competition is harsh but north America is not like the Chinese movie market.

Wait, I thought that was normal with the Tuesday discount?

This time of year it is (even moreso in the past)quite rare. In the thick of summer movie going season movies don't increase at all, it's pretty much just a weekend all day err day.

IM3 glorious week-ends are gonna get butt-raped by competition now. Tough times ahead for Tony,Trevor that old dude from Prometheus.

The start of the box office/cinema week is called the weekend......