Dementeleus

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

silly female alert

the movie was gong to get an A from me until the death of Gisele so it slipped to B

After the torture of seeing Han's death again it's B-

verdict - I'm silly to again be invested in secondary characters more than the main ones (+ should have read spoilers, dummy :( )

:ph34r:

aside from that got a blast just like the rest of the crowd.

Wish Eva Mendes came back too.

Loved it!

Saw it a few days ago, and I must say I was highly anticipating this, and I was not disappointed!

I liked almost everything about the film. The acting was solid, the plot was over-the-top but interesting and well-executed. The action was absolutely phenomenal, some of the best action I've seen in a movie in years. The soundtrack and score fit the movie great.

What really got my attention the most was the personal and emotional backbone of the film; the subplot with Letty. That really touched me, and I felt that was very well executed. I was also pleasantly surprised and engrossed to see the old house from the first film at the end. I loved how it hints at a much more smaller and personal story for Fast 7.

As a fan of this whole series, I was also touched to see scenes from all the previous films shown almost as flashbacks at the beginning.

Yes, many moments in the film were over-the-top, but they were consistent with the story and tone of the film, as well as the series overall, so it didn't take you out of the immersion or out of the moment.

The film had great moments of comedy, at the right times as well. The comedic bits involving Roman, Han, and Tej were all hilarious, as well as the scenes with Tej and Hobbs. Overall everyone in the crew had great chemistry on-screen, which is rare to see in a film and also important to have in a film.

I though the main villain Shaw was very well done and an engaging villain.

The only weak parts of the film for me were near the end, where they could have added a few more details right after the plane crash in terms of emotional engagement. Specifically, they could have handled Gisele's death much better. That, and the after-credits scene seemed quite corny to me.

Overall though, it was a very engrossing and entertaining film on many levels.

A very deserved A- from me. One of the best films of the year.

Edited by ACCA
  • Like 1

Just as dumb and awesome as you'd expect.The one-liners, bodies, and cars are flying in equal measure, and while not as good as Fast Five, this is a throwback to the 80's action flicks. It's also the best blockbuster of the year this far (suck my dick STID and IM3).A more full review will be available on my blog later.7.2/10

Edited by mattmav45

HOLY CRAP. I had never seen a Fast and Furious movie but now I want to see them all. Action was great, and it was really funny. I love over-the-top movies like this, and I'll be at Fast and Furious 7 opening weekend now. Great time. A-

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

Give it a C-

Bad acting all round. Especially Gina and Tyrese. All the jokes from Tyrese seemed forced and were not very funny either. Rock was very bland in this which is dissapointing. Plot was ....wait what the hell was this all about?! The action made it a worthwhile watch even if there was an endless runway leading to nowhere!

Anyway i liked the post credit scene...

Go Statham!

Edited by Omario

Fast Five: 3.5/4Fast & Furious 6: 2/4This film failed in the category that Fast Five most succeeded in: the action. The two night sequences were hard to follow because of poor lighting. The hand-to-hand combat scenes were ruined by how the close the camera was to the actors and unnecessary edits. The only good action sequence was the tank one. But ultimately, even that one does not match well with any of F5's action sequences. The bank vault scene and the car jump at the beginning of F5 are two amazing moments of filmmaking. They're so imaginative and executed so well that I was shocked. Compared to that, this film just did not succeed.I will give it credit though, it really tried to have some emotional moments and I enjoyed the theme of family that was built into the film. But ultimately, it wasn't fun enough. 

Rewatched this to finish my F+F marathon of sorts. My opinion on it has kinda changed, kinda stayed the same. It takes a while to get into it, because even with Fast Five's "transition" in style, it still is pretty jarring. After the first chase in London though, the movie becomes pretty good. A lot of thanks is actually to Luke Evans, for giving the franchise its first really threatening villain. I also really like the conclusion of Han's arc in the movie, and rewatching it with knowledge of the previous films makes it feel a lot more fulfilling of a movie. A

(On a side note, I got misty-eyed at Han getting hugs from Brian and Mia. I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow, aren't I?)