baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

When you switch the release date 10 days before the film is released it probably if not definitely will not do well. Most people don't follow the box office like we on here do. 10 days isn't enough time to let the GA know about a date change. TV spots on TV still kept saying May 17th

• Like 1

Or is it ?  :rolleyes:

No they are, when people type things like they will lose all interest in box office tracking.  Or I don't even want even want to see the rest of the numbers it's a little over the top.  This is supposed to be fun, with the exception of Shawn, it's not our livelyhood.

When you switch the release date 10 days before the film is released it probably if not definitely will not do well. Most people don't follow the box office like we on here do. 10 days isn't enough time to let the GA know about a date change. TV spots on TV still kept saying May 17th

Exactly. And Trek is made up of a older audience then most of the Summer films, not the typical internet fanboys type.

Congrats to IM3 on the $300M.100M left to make?

Easily. It'll be at or about $340m after the weekend, this time next week $350m + Memorial Day on the horizon.

Yeah, $100m extra is coming and it'll be June dailies that nudge it along after that. 

CF is definitely in the running for #1 of the year, even if IM3 tops out around 420-425. That's one sequel I don't see losing buzz.

I see opposite, for the same reasons I called the Trek decrease that everyone doubted. CF will decrease.

Edited by jandrew

Actually no 400M film has ever had the next one increase. Before LOTR no 300M film had a sequel increase.

Katniss is a trendsetter, not a follower

• Like 3

Yeah, cause its predecessor didn't hit 400 or anything.

I think it's one of those movies that hit its peak on the first film. I also don't believe TA2 will outgross TA domestically.