baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

Is this the first time RTH has been completely wrong? Not that I deny his awe-aspiring power, of course...

He wasn't wrong.  He came back later and adjusted it down to 14.

I was being sarcastic.

But I can tell you what a mewling quim is (I looked it up because I had to know). It means:

feebly whimpering vagina

According to Whedon, the insertion of "mewling quim" into a PG-13 movie is his greatest achievement from TA  :lol:

There you go E

BTC 2PM Update TREK2 85 4 Day (14/28.5/26/16.5) Matinee details inside

Current Matinee gross: $2,516,209

-41% below TREK1

-69% below IRMN2

+27% above THOR1

473% above GIJO2

Yep that seems perfectly in line with what should happen.

Is this the first time RTH has been completely wrong? Not that I deny his awe-aspiring power, of course...

I think he gave his numbers way too early than he usually does, and when he does that his numbers get a little off.  But he did post an update from his earlier numbers which was right on the mark.

So you consider Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness "smart" movies? Good grief... And, when I say good grief, I enjoyed the hell out of Star Trek and like Into Darkness as well. I'd hardly consider either of 'em of "smart" films though.

Couldn't agree more.  Star Trek was a lot of fun, and I still enjoy watching it, but it is an exceptionally dumb movie.  Hell, Avengers (which I adore) is MENSA-level story-telling in comparison.

According to Whedon, the insertion of "mewling quim" into a PG-13 movie is his greatest achievement from TA  :lol:

It might be one of the greatest achievements in cinematic history. He fooled the MPAA, Disney, and almost every family. That Whedon is a slick one.

I think he gave his numbers way too early than he usually does, and when he does that his numbers get a little off.  But he did post an update from his earlier numbers which was right on the mark.

I think he saw us going crazy over the BTC update so he just decided to throw us some bones  :lol:

Okay folks, in a few short days we'll be back in the same boat, as Hangover 3 is going to have Wednesday midnight shows and a full day of Thursday shows.

What type of numbers are we adjusting downwards to for those 2 days?

What was ST'09 competition back in 2009 ?

Angels & Demons, Terminator Salvation and Night at the Museum 2 opened soon after in May of '09. Wolverine opened a week or two before in early May '09. To put it mildly, no where near the competition that Into Darkness will face in the next week here with Hangover III and Fast 6. Not to mention Iron Man 3 still winding down and Epic and After Earth on the horizon as well.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

It might be one of the greatest achievements in cinematic history. He fooled the MPAA, Disney, and almost every family. That Whedon is a slick one.

I remember my eyes bugging out a bit at that line.  Was looking around wondering if everyone else just caught what he said.

I remember my eyes bugging out a bit at that line.  Was looking around wondering if everyone else just caught what he said.

I heard that only the British caught that. Most of us Americans had no clue  :lol: But it sounds like a great insult to the ears nevertheless  :P