theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Fning ridiculous. People watch the dumbest shit. This is nothing new though seeing the type of movies in the yearly top 10. Shoulda known.

Because STiD being in the top ten would have changed that fact in any way?

Because STiD being in the top ten would have changed that fact in any way?

STID is no more cerebral than the rest of the blockbusters.

STID a sci Fi adventure movie that rely heavily on action compared to its predecessor.

IM3 is an action adventure

CF is labelled into the same category as an action adventure

FF6 is pure action.

Those movies are all about the same type of products.  Just because one has more cheese than salad doesn't change their nature.

People should consume them shamlessly without trying to pass some of them as some superior delicate 'cerebral' products in a pseudo intellectual attempt.  Ain't no shame consuming them as they are once in a while..

Edited by Ent
  • Like 4

3d for nearly every blockbuster needs to stop. I'm not gonna say 3d altogether should die, because I have really enjoyed it when used right, but it needs to go back to being more of an event thing. Maybe 4-6 movies a year have it, and they all utilize it. Post converted 3d in particular needs to die.

I just wish my local theater would at least offer one of its two biggest screens in 2D. When I saw Avengers there last year, they had both of the big screens in 3D and the only screen showing it in 2D was tiny (half the size of the two biggest screens). Same thing with Iron Man 3 this year. The lack of choice is very annoying.

• Like 1

I just wish my local theater would at least offer one of its two biggest screens in 2D. When I saw Avengers there last year, they had both of the big screens in 3D and the only screen showing it in 2D was tiny (half the size of the two biggest screens). Same thing with Iron Man 3 this year. The lack of choice is very annoying.

You'd definitely enjoy my theater. Our two biggest screens (400+) can only play 2D movies.

• Like 1

3D for me makes the screen feel smaller. I took off my glasses for the crests of STID in IMAX and was like wow, the scope and feel of the screen is way more powerful with ou glasse.IMAX 3d is cool for 5 minutes but then you ge used to it .

• Like 1

3D for me makes the screen feel smaller. I took off my glasses for the crests of STID in IMAX and was like wow, the scope and feel of the screen is way more powerful with ou glasse.IMAX 3d is cool for 5 minutes but then you ge used to it .

Yeah, 3D definitely makes the screen feel smaller. Noticed it with Avatar and haven't had any desire to see a film in 3D ever since. But I will put up with it (grudgingly) for Man of Steel because I want to see it on as big of a screen as possible.

Can Gatsby still get to 140+ million?

Needs a 3.13x multiplier to do it. I think it can get there, even if it gets hit a little next weekend. I imagine repeat viewings among fans being solid and there's nothing after Memorial Day that's going to take its audience.