theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

This locks up sub-50% drop for the weekend and 400M domestic.  :D

I swear we say that like every weekend, and then comes weekdays..... :lol:

And, also going by best case scenario for Trek, coming off a 70 mill opening weekend, and a 2.75X, it does about 205 mill.  

• Like 1

And what makes one film more "trashy" than another?  It seems like fun films are defined as trashy.  I think that's ridiculous.

I would say trashy films are ones that have bad elements, like some of the acting, dialogue, production, but that you still enjoy anyway.

A film where you can laugh at it as well as with it.

For example, Jawbreaker, one of my favourite teen films of all time, has some seriously bad acting and dialogue, but it's hilarious. You can laugh because it's still charming, silly and ultimately funny.

Jawbreaker was never intended for critical acclaim or awards, it was made solely to be funny/entertaining/silly and it has some bad elements, but that doesn't put me off, so it's trashy.

Cumberflop locked, sealed and delivered.  of course, let the "but this will increase to 40M on Saturday due to amazing WOM and A CS" spin begin.

But this will increase to 40M on Saturday due to amazing WOM and A CS! :ph34r:

I would say trashy films are ones that have bad elements, like some of the acting, dialogue, production, but that you still enjoy anyway. A film where you can laugh at it as well as with it. For example, Jawbreaker, one of my favourite teen films of all time, has some seriously bad acting and dialogue, but it's hilarious. You can laugh because it's still charming, silly and ultimately funny. Jawbreaker was never intended for critical acclaim or awards, it was made solely to be funny/entertaining/silly and it has some bad elements, but that doesn't put me off, so it's trashy.

I suppose then "guilty pleasure" and "trashy" mean basically the same thing.

More celebratory Tony/Avengers gifs plz, Sammy!

Sorry, no can do, especially here. I'm bummed about Trek number  :(

Maybe later in the 1B thread like yesterday :)