theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

One thing that might be hurting STID a bit is that word is out that it's actually pretty political and, of course, takes shots at Conservatives.  I know Cumberturd went on and on in a recent interview about how the film hammers Bush.  I had seen the first one and kinda liked it, but when I read the interview, I was completely turned off.

Trek 2 bashes neo cons?Now I have to see it.

Old gang that`s really old. Unless they create a set of new iconic characters old gang won`t help the matter in general. And either way, TA2`s winning.

Of course they will help. People will go nuts when they see Han Solo.

Who cares about TA2...

Edited by Elessar

One thing that might be hurting STID a bit is that word is out that it's actually pretty political and, of course, takes shots at Conservatives.  I know Cumberturd went on and on in a recent interview about how the film hammers Bush.  I had seen the first one and kinda liked it, but when I read the interview, I was completely turned off.

That's honestly the first time I've heard mention of it being political

• Like 1

It s official.

Star Trek has AIDS.

Next week end is gonna be a bloodbath, so bloody that it could even prevent Trevor to hit the 400m mark.

Even if IM3 has a decent Memorial Day week-end, I can see it completely crumble the week end after.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Except for Twilight.

Twilight and Potter both showed insane consistency. 

NM - $709m

Eclipse - $700m

BD1 - $712m

GoF - $897m

OoTP - $939m

HBP - $934m

DH1 - $955m

• Like 2

G.I. Joe didn't (and it had the same budget as Trek) and it got a sequel. There will be a third Star Trek to salvage it and that cast is under contract for one more.

G.I. Joe didn't (and it had the same budget as Trek) and it got a sequel. There will be a third Star Trek to salvage it and that cast is under contract for one more.

Doesn't GI Joe offer more merchandising opportunity, particularly from the lucrative toy market?

Even if IM3 has a decent Memorial Day week-end, it can see it completely crumble the week end after.

You just don't learn it will be around 370 + million after Memorial day, 400 million is done. 

• Like 1

Star Wars 7 could challenge Avengers 2.Look at what the Phantom Menace made 14 years ago without 3D even though the movie was shit.If Star Wars 7 is good, the sky's the limit.

Sorry but no. When TPM arrived, SW was unchallenged franchise with no real competition in fandom obsession, boxoffice perforemnce and merchandise sales. By the time AOTC rolled out, there was already more competition with rabid fandoms and by the time SW7 rolls out there will be extremly crowded field with rival fandoms just a scrazy and big as SW one. So no. There`s a limit and it comes well before sky.

It s official. Star Trek has AIDS. Next week end is gonna be a bloodbath, so bloody that it could even prevent Trevor to hit the 400m mark. Even if IM3 has a decent Memorial Day week-end, it can see it completely crumble the week end after.

By the end of Memorial Day weekend IM3 will be a hop and a skip away from 400 m.Then kids get out of school a week later.

Star Wars was truly an unchallenged franchise back then...particularly when it came to fan craziness. 

But then come Potter, Rings, Twilight, Batman, Marvel, and now Hunger Games. Pirates is also there, but it's definitely in the bottom barrel domestically.

Star Wars was truly an unchallenged franchise back then...particularly when it came to fan craziness. 

But then come Potter, Rings, Twilight, Batman, Marvel, and now Hunger Games. Pirates is also there, but it's definitely in the bottom barrel domestically.

Potter isn't any better than POTC domestically.  WW is where they both excel.

Decades of ridecule???

Yes, decades of ridicule.  Prior to the 2009 movie, the ST franchise had been painted into a really strange corner thanks to its own fans base. Trekkers and Trekkies built an image of themselves, and thus the franchise, so that for years non-fans considered anything Star Trek as nerdy, geeky and wholly unrelatable.  And the overly hostile response of the more hardcore members to the 2009 movie didn't help their cause.

Yes and that`s what SW fans can`t understand. Its return won`t obliterate those other franchises and fandoms. They are here to stay and be just as big or bigger. End of.