theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

As I put in the other thread, there are graduations and finals on the 3rd week of May, more so then there use to be as more schools are ending earlier.And also-Trek is a older audience that tends to wait to see it later or at home. (Something else to keep in mind)

Every year since 2008 the 3rd week of May has had a disapointment.

It really shouldn't've dropped at all.

Exactly, especially when this one has 3D to boost. Well, maybe not so much, 3D boost works out for big openers only it seems.

that is silly. The movie is not bad enough to do that.

OK, it's just a few overwhelming personalities enjoying it. But still, the definition of flop is set and it might sometimes have nothing to do with not breaking even.

Lucky to go over 200M.

Before 2009-A Trek film made around 200 million.  No fucking way that is great

After 2009-A Trek film made around 200 million.  No fucking way that is awful

• Like 2

A friend saw STID last night and said the audience gave a huge laugh when Quinto yelled "KHAAAAAN!"  And it wasn't a good laugh, either.  People became less and less engaged with the film as it went on.

I liked the film but that part, oh man, I just felt embarrassed for him.

• Like 1

WTF? How did Rth's estimate end up $4-6m higher than the real number? Star Flop. Wow.

He came back with the 21-23M estimate but he admitted that STiD was confounding him. You know something is wrong when Rth is having trouble deciphering your numbers.  :unsure:

• Like 2

There's so many stupid moments in STID that rival Spock's scream. I won't talk about them in a box office thread but the script approached Transformers 2 levels of stupidity.

K/O, man. K/O

• Like 1

There's so many stupid moments in STID that rival Spock's scream. I won't talk about them in a box office thread but the script approached Transformers 2 levels of stupidity.

I read complains from Trekkie online that even when they use [Khan as villain, it's not Khan at all, and he lacked many things that make  Montalban Khan a great character, is that true? 

Edited by Sam