CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

Iron Man kicked off The Avengers Initiative. The only films counted in the MCU are Avengers movies since they all share the same universe; X-Men is not included.

Iron Man was a huge gamble.

It was Marvel's first film and it was suppose tot set up a whole new franchise of films and it stared an actor with a dark past. 

• Like 2

It was Marvel's first film and it was suppose tot set up a whole new franchise of films and it stared an actor with a dark past. 

Great summer with Iron Man 1 and TDK... 

So I guess a flop now means a movie that makes money but we don't like very much lol :). OS gross will save this but there won't be another film.

I dunno. Maybe OS will like it so much that we'll see Hangover 4 3D :P Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

Iron Man is one of the biggest comic heroes and had a very reasonable production budget.

Captain America and Thor looked like bigger gambles to me.

Iron Man is one of the biggest comic heroes and had a very reasonable production budget.

IM1 was the biggest gamble. Marvel was on brink of bankruptcy and took a chance with IM. He was unknown to GA and RDJ had a checkered past. Rest is history but they really did take a massive gamble because if IM1 had flopped they would have been bankrupt. 

• Like 3

No one knew who Iron Man was until 2008...

• Like 3

Furious Six sold out both 10PM shows here and the 11PM as well. The 11:30 is about to go. 

For reference, Hangover 3 had the same amount of shows last night and sold out nothing..

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 6

Fast Five sold out both 10PM shows here and the 11PM as well. The 11:30 is about to go. 

For reference, Hangover 3 had the same amount of shows last night and sold out nothing..

No way!

Where is here by the way?

On the bright side, HO3 flop could give more room for STiD to have a good hold. Or FF6 could just take all audience of HO3 away, that is a possibility too.

• Like 1

IM1 was the biggest gamble. Marvel was on brink of bankruptcy and took a chance with IM. He was unknown to GA and RDJ had a checkered past. Rest is history but they really did take a massive gamble because if IM1 had flopped they would have been bankrupt. 

I thought that was in late 90s, X-Men and Spider Man did great numbers then...

Edited by Poseidon

No one knew who Iron Man was until 2008...

Yeah, also his comic sells like shit in comparison to how many people see the Iron Man movies.

Batman has five solo books and they all sell above Iron Man's only solo book

In April

Batman #19 - 132K

Batman and Robin #19 - 89K

Detective Comics #19 - 78K

Batman, Incorporated #10 - 56K

Batman: The Dark Knight #19 - 53K

Iron Man #8 - 44K (With Variant Covers)

It should get a boost in May because of IM3 but seriously Iron Man has never been near as recognizable or bankable as Batman, IM1 was a huge risk